Drake

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
This will be interesting ready to see what we have. We should win comfortably if CJL confidence pre season is any indication.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Small student section is making a lot of noise :)

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
And the upper part of section 102 for students has filled in nicely. Good for them.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Watching on ESPN+, decent quality few interruptions. Don't know anything about Drake other then Bush.

Herrera looks strong, and Eleanor is bringing, as usual, the 'haus. Anderson and some of the newbies look good: Popovic (SR. Transfer), Newsome (SR. Transfer), and Heidemann (a freshman). Hatch had 6 mistakes in a row and Eleanor had four kills in a row.

Some high spots, plenty of miscues with so many new faces.

Iowa State is down 21-19 in set 3 (leading 2-0) and should win in set four if needed.

Last edited:

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
When Herrera is out, MB has been a problem. Not sure if Rhodes is out due to injury or performance.

Somewhat surprised to see newcomer Petry as primary DS over all of the other more experienced returning DSs.

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
And yet here we are, 2-1 and down 5-2 in the 4th. Shades of two years ago.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Watching on ESPN+, decent quality few interruptions. Don't know anything about Drake other then Bush.
Bush was arguably the best player on the court tonight along with Herrera and Holthaus.
When Herrera is out, MB has been a problem. Not sure if Rhodes is out due to injury or performance.
After I posted this, Greiman really stepped it up in Set 4 after CJL pulled Englebrecht out of the rotation.

In addition to Rhodes not playing at all (and presumably healthy), also surprised that Thomas didn't play.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
I thought we played well except for a let down in the 3nd and early in the 4th sets. The new kids showed promise!!

Maybe some one on here can help me, who was the player we had with the really nice jump serve the last few years? She just graduated recently.

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
I thought we played well except for a let down in the 3nd and early in the 4th sets. The new kids showed promise!!

Maybe some one on here can help me, who was the player we had with the really nice jump serve the last few years? She just graduated recently.
That was Schuler and if I remember correctly she quit due to injury and got married?

Also Popovich reminded me to of Hahn. I called her the floor general last night. I could hear her all night calling off players or signaling them to get the ball. Really liked Newsome too. Just some fine tuning but I really like this squad. All 5 million of them!

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
That was Schuler and if I remember correctly she quit due to injury and got married?

Also Popovich reminded me to of Hahn. I called her the floor general last night. I could hear her all night calling off players or signaling them to get the ball. Really liked Newsome too. Just some fine tuning but I really like this squad. All 5 million of them!

Ah yes, the name rings a bell now Thanks

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
It has continued to baffle me how We could have the Big 12 libero of the year return the next year and lose her position, but we did not improve. It seemed the libero position at Libero U. started to lack consistency, and defense and passing suffered as a result. Yet that last libero of the year transferred to Pitt and made a good team even better. Ironically Popovic replaced Hali at Pitt after she was done.

I liked the camera shots from behind tge court, as you could watch how pop moved and set up based upon the ball movement on the other side. Like I said earlier, it seemed like Hahn was back. Hopefully Libero U is too.

I liked Jaden Newsome. She might be our best setter since Landwehr.