Due to Pathetic Recruiting of Bigs, NCAA Streak Ending!

Kagavi

Mar 4, 2013
California
www.kagavi.com
Hate to say, but still not sold on Coach. I get it. He's new, he got lucky to inherit a great team from a Cyclone icon who hangs in the rafters, but let's call a spade a spade. Are some of transfers the best we can expect?

Let's recap, we beat Kansas but got bounced in the round of 32, lose one of the best guards Iowa State has ever seen and practically half of the team is leaving with over 60 points needing to be replaced.

Good thing we have ... oh.

I'm still waiting for Coach's southern connections to come through. Can't get too excited about the media reporting we might get a severely undersized "forward" looking for his fourth college in four years that is reported to struggle playing "above the rim consistently." What a joke.

If these recruiting "efforts" are going to fix our gaping hole in the front court, good luck with that.

_______

I am, of course, talking about Iowa State in 1995.

The undersized "forward" was Kenny Pratt, who averaged 15 points a game, despite Coach Tim Floyd claiming he was really 6'2". (Shades of Jeff Beverly?)

Elsewhere, Dedric Willoughby averaged only 9 points as a sophomore at New Orleans, but made a big leap forward in his junior season. (Shades of, dare I say, Baby Babb?)

Shawn Bankhead came from the nationally acclaimed basketball school Southern Idaho. Kelvin Cato was from South Alabama and was a raw 6'10" athlete with springy skills that Floyd just had to take a chance on. (Shades of Lard?)

Some of my favorite teams have been the young ones with low expectations. Will be interesting to see the team come together next season!

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
Hate to say, but still not sold on Coach. I get it. He's new, he got lucky to inherit a great team from a Cyclone icon who hangs in the rafters, but let's call a spade a spade. Are some of transfers the best we can expect?

Let's recap, we beat Kansas but got bounced in the round of 32, lose one of the best guards Iowa State has ever seen and practically half of the team is leaving with over 60 points needing to be replaced.

I'm still waiting for Coach's southern connections to come through. Can't get too excited about the media reporting we might get a severely undersized "forward" looking for his fourth college in four years that is reported to struggle playing "above the rim consistently." What a joke.

If these recruiting "efforts" are going to fix our gaping hole in the front court, good luck with that.

_______

The undersized "forward" was Kenny Pratt, who averaged 15 points a game, despite Coach Tim Floyd claiming he was really 6'2". (Shades of Jeff Beverly?)

Elsewhere, Dedric Willoughby averaged only 9 points as a sophomore at New Orleans, but made a big leap forward in his junior season. (Shades of, dare I say, Baby Babb?)

Shawn Bankhead came from the nationally acclaimed basketball school Southern Idaho. Kelvin Cato was from South Alabama and was a raw 6'10" athlete with springy skills that Floyd just had to take a chance on. (Shades of Lard?)

Some of my favorite teams have been the young ones with low expectations. Will be interesting to see the team come together next season!

Man, you're really rolling the dice on people reading this whole post. Good luck to you.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I saw who posted this and thought it would be another well thought out troll post. Kept reading thinking, "Wait, this dude is seriously down on the team". I expected it and still got got.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL

_______

05d.jpg