Easy Class?

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Without a doubt it is Intro to Creativity. It only offered one semester a year. Its an art lecture class with what they call a lab. Most students in it dont have Art majors.

The biggest project is coming up with ideas and particpating in the annual parade through campus.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I'm an oldster, so I don't know if it's still around, but HS 103 was awesome and easy. It's First Aid/CPR, and the professor was great. He was one of the funniest guys I've ever met, and the class is useful to you outside of academia. A bonus was the slideshow of heinous trauma injuries that usually sent at least one person out of the room to puke or get air. It was great, and an easy A.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
When I was there Metereology 101 was a cake walk and I also took Psych 101. Personally though, I think Braille Anatomy would be the awesomest......especially the lab part....

They weren't offering that class when I was there though

yes I know awesomest is not a real word, but it sounded so cool in the sentence

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
I enjoyed Psych classes too. I took 101 in high school, and 230 and 280 at ISU. I forgot the name of the guy who taught 280, I think it was Gary something. He was apparently a prominent psych guy so we spent quite a few classes watching video of him on tv shows like The Today Show and similar. Also, psych classes are good for easy extra credit because you just sign up for grad level experiments.

Yeah, I think I had the same guy, did you have 230 with the guy who was married to a woman a lot older than him? ... and he always told stories that basically ended in him being told what to do and liking it?

I also took 346 (psych of women) - 46 people, 6 of us were guys. good times except for every topic they wanted a guys opinion so we had to "participate" all the time.

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
Completely agree!!! And during a lot of the liquors and some of the beers, most girls didn't like them, so we got to finish theirs, plus ours, plus leftovers - then head over to, um, what was the name of the bar, I can't remember - but it'd have $0.25 Gin & Tonics for happy hour prices - yeah, 9 PM hurt!!! What a great class - although the wine half was really beneficial, and professional contacts as well as family that I tell about the class and impress with my wine knowledge, they all think that might be one of the smartest business social classes that anyone could take...

Aight, I just got accepted, it better be as awesome as it sounds...should be good warmup for the first football game...tailgating as part of class

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Religion 205 or 210 with Eric Northway. Very interesting stuff and he's super easy. It's not so easy it's boring though. He keeps you interested and the tests come right from the lectures. In 205 you watch The Matrix for a week a write a group paper. I've heard other profs in that class suck though, so beware.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
I think that Music 102 was probably the easiest class I took. But I think that it is more fun to go for something interesting. I would have loved to take the history of rock and roll. One class I did take my last semester was a Greek mythology class...Classical Studies something or other. That class was fun. Quite a few reading assignments, but those stories were fun to read (at least to me).

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Classical studies 353 can be some work, but it is fun. If you like the Illiad anyway.

Thornhill

Mar 14, 2008
Hey I am a MIS major, will be graduating next semester, only have 3 classes to take and I need one more 3 credit class to be a full time student. I want something semi entertaining but not difficult and not time consuming. What would be a class to take?
English 335 - Studies in Film

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Digging up this blast from the past. Whats the easiest class any of you took while at Iowa State in the past 3 years or so? Need one to fill up my schedule.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Digging up this blast from the past. Whats the easiest class any of you took while at Iowa State in the past 3 years or so? Need one to fill up my schedule.

I can't help you, but I just read this entire thread thinking it was from a week ago. I just felt like you should know that. That booze class sounds sweet though.

ISU1294

Apr 29, 2011
Kinesiology 315 - Coaching Philosophy was a blast. We spent about 5 class periods in Forker playing sports as you had to "coach" a sport of your choice. Lisa Dukes, who teaches it, is a babe also.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008

LAS 211 - Intro to Latino Studies
WS 201 - Intro to Womens Studies
INTST 235 - Intro to International Studies

201 and 235 were both online and only half of the semester.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron