NBA: ESPN Ranks Coaches, Hoiberg Last

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Hornacek second to last, Hoiberg last. Yikes.

3ofT5zdPP9cQqLdh1S.gif

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Where is Tim Floyd on the list. Wait nevermind. BTW Fred Sucks dealing with NBA players which I though he would be the exact opposite

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Quin Snyder is in the NBA??????? I always wondered what happened to that guy but never cared enough to look him up.

No joke - I saw the ugliest looking rat the other day on the farm and thought to myself "that rat looks like Quin Snyder, I wonder what happened to that guy?" Now I know.

• Funny
Reactions: Dingus and BBHMagic

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Little on these lists make a lot of sense. If you want interesting, the Bulls actually have a pretty decent to good record against the best teams in the league. They struggle like hell against the bad teams, especially when playing away. Their scoring defense is 8th in the league and they are 3rd in rebounding. Problem is they are 25th in scoring and 17th in assists. They need shooters. When the team runs an offense and play with energy, they seem to do OK. Otherwise they just seem to go cold offensively at times to lose games they shouldn't.

canker2323

Oct 22, 2006
What Cheer, IA
Sometimes that defense thing comes in handy. While player and management support has been less than stellar for Fred, his teams have not improved at all over the past 2 years.

Fred has been less than spectacular and as a Bulls fan I hope he is gone soon, but the front office and coaching staff don't get along with the players, Gibson was traded this season, Derek Rose (watered down version from a few years ago) was traded last season, every game a player is out with an injury, and they are still one game out of the playoffs. The Bulls roster and management are garbage.

I wouldn't rank Fred the worst coach in the league but definitely bottom 10.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Seems like this thread is missing a poster?????

Ask and you shall receive ;)

Am I mad that the sports team that I hate the most has a coach that is not doing a good job? No. Am I surprised that Fred has struggled so much with a solid team and in areas I thought were his strengths? Yes. Do I think he could still end up being a good NBA coach? I guess, but it is more up in the air than I thought it would be. Do I think there is a bit of karma in the way he has struggled? You bet. Do I still think he is going to end up back in college soon? Yes (and you can tell the propaganda is starting for that).

As far as Hornacek goes, I don't hate the Knicks, so I wish he was doing better. He's hamstrung by the idiot Phil Jackson, but Hornacek knew what he was getting into with that. At least Hornacek has had one good NBA coaching year.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
At some point it's time to just say yep he f'ed up and just move on.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Ask and you shall receive ;)

Am I mad that the sports team that I hate the most has a coach that is not doing a good job? No. Am I surprised that Fred has struggled so much with a solid team and in areas I thought were his strengths? Yes. Do I think he could still end up being a good NBA coach? I guess, but it is more up in the air than I thought it would be. Do I think there is a bit of karma in the way he has struggled? You bet. Do I still think he is going to end up back in college soon? Yes (and you can tell the propaganda is starting for that).

As far as Hornacek goes, I don't hate the Knicks, so I wish he was doing better. He's hamstrung by the idiot Phil Jackson, but Hornacek knew what he was getting into with that. At least Hornacek has had one good NBA coaching year.
The bulls were not a solid team. Any one that pays attention to the NBA knew the team wasn't going to be great. They are old and have no shooters.

• Agree
Reactions: Pat