NBA: ESPN Ranks Coaches, Hoiberg Last

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I don't think any coach could deal with the dumpster fire that is the Bulls management.

I'm not a fan of what the Reinsdorfs have done to Chicago sports.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
How can he be a coach when Phil is trying to coach over him from the stands....I had so much respect for Phil, but coach he was good at, management his is not. He has completely undermined Horn in every way.

That's true, but it's not like someone held a gun to Hornacek's head and forced him to take the job. He knew who was calling the shots when he took the job. Same for Fred. It sucks that things aren't working out well for either and I hope they can turn things around or find success elsewhere, but if the organization gives you **** to work with you're going to look like a ****** coach. Hindsight is 20/20, but they should have picked better landing spots with more stable management.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Hornacek is actually a decent coach. Was shocked how much he was able to win at Phoenix with absolutely no talent at all. At New York, you could throw Greg Popovich there and he couldn't even win there with crap that organization is trying to pull.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I don't think Fred's an awful NBA coach, there are 3 or 4 great coaches in the league and the other 26 or so are just retreads that keep getting hired into crappy situations. Fred is in the retread cycle. Its still crazy to me that a guy thats spent as much time around the NBA would want anything to do with coaching, let alone for the worst front office in the league and a team that it was obvious was one step from implosion. This was doomed from the start and it had little to do with Fred's coaching ability, he had a roster than fit horribly with his coaching style and a front office that wasn't committed to building him the type of roster he needed.

• Agree
Reactions: psychlone99

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015
Fred is in a tough situation and he wanted to be there. His coaching ability is largely overstated with respect to the situation which is mostly lose lose. Their FO has tried to micromanage his rotations and f'd up any synergy they had. That's definitely a bit on Fred for bowing to their whims, but he's seemingly starting to depart from their (Foreman) mandates. Now they have started to win again and could grab a playoff spot. He seems to have built a rapport with Rondo which didn't seem possible earlier in the season. Rondo is making 3's somehow as well. Go figure.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
In an era where players are judged mostly on post season performance, Brad Stevens is now 2-10 coaching in the playoffs.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
To be honest, the Bulls were hitting some absolutely incredible baskets. However, the Bulls were also ready to play from the start and responded to each and every Celtic push. You don't just waltz into Boston and take two without a plan. Brings back some great memories... ;)

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I haven't watched the games so maybe I'm wrong but I think this just goes to show they had no idea what the heck they were talking about when posting this list.

• Winner
Reactions: Cynonymous

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
These lists are not much more than a popularity contest. Look at it in that light and it makes much more sense.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I started reading this and liking posts not realizing that it was a resurrected thread, but it's worth pointing out that the o/u for Bulls wins was 38.5, so you could easily argue that Fred exceeded expectations.

Reactions: Cycsk

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Sorry that you believe everything he says for his own benefit.

I don't think him saying he f'ing hates recruiting benefits him in any way, especially if you think he wants to come back to college

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron