Events @ JTS

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
I just saw that Nitro Circus is coming to Jack Trice in June.

It caught me off guard as I didn't think there were many non-football events happening on the field these days.

certainly several concerts and things in days past but do you think this is something that's going to continue?

Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Seems like a really bad idea with natural grass...

I wondered about this, too. Although, with the tickets being pretty expensive for what is, in essence, a monster truck rally, I bet that really mitigates the cost of a new field.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I was expecting this to be like an indoor event in which they cover the floor and bring in truckloads of dirt and then remove it after the game. I think it is similar to how they put a field on top of the field for football games at Yankee Stadium and Wrigley Field.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I was expecting this to be like an indoor event in which they cover the floor and bring in truckloads of dirt and then remove it after the game. I think it is similar to how they put a field on top of the field for football games at Yankee Stadium and Wrigley Field.

I believe it's all ramps, there is no dirt or anything. They will lay down the ramps and landings and have them taken up by the next day. They do quite a few of these at outdoor venues.