Fan sells Cubs Loyalty on EBAY

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
If you buy this then to you become a legit Cubs fan or one of those frat fans who are just in it because they like Blue and the logo?

uh-oh you just threw out the frat word...all the frat boys are going to be on you like stink on ****

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Wow... I don't care what this guy says... if he is truly a Cubs fan he will still root for them.

If the moron is actually, physically selling his loyalty, he is not a true fan of anything. There is another word that describes people like that, but this is a family site.

I will resist the urge to comment on the loyalty of Cubs fans, because there are idiots like this in every fanbase.

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
If the moron is actually, physically selling his loyalty, he is not a true fan of anything. There is another word that describes people like that, but this is a family site.

I will resist the urge to comment on the loyalty of Cubs fans, because there are idiots like this in every fanbase.
I'd say the moron is the guy who shells out 455 bucks.

Clone Fan

Mar 27, 2006
Ames, IA
Have you ever tried to denounce a team that you have loved since you were a little kid. It is impossible. Can't be done.

Completely disagree... My entire room was black and gold growing up, Iowa Basketball camp for 4 years and autographs from every single Iowa basketball player from 85-89.

Then I went to college and 'grew up'.

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Completely disagree... My entire room was black and gold growing up, Iowa Basketball camp for 4 years and autographs from every single Iowa basketball player from 85-89.

Then I went to college and 'grew up'.

OK - Minus a life changing event. I would say going to college at a seperate university is something that could change it. Moving to a city with a pro sports team maybe.

But I am a die hard Yankee fan and if I were to try and cut ties I don't think I could do it. Especially if I lived in NY

Harry

Mar 27, 2006
I was a diehard Yankee fan as a kid but when they fired Yogi Berra and hired the hated Cardinals Johnny Keane as their manager I swore I would never root for them again. I have hated them ever since. No Yankees in the playoffs, it was a great baseball season.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
In a related story, EIU fans sell their soul for dirty, non-winning program.