133 - Gomez/Parker/Simmons/Boston
141 - Gomez/Parker/Simmons/Boston
149 - Storr/Leisure

Rest I probably agree with

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Man, that is awesome.

Good looking recruiting class looks even better. I wonder if they re-ranked the recruiting class rankings after fargo where we would sit? A great tournament for the cyclones!

Reactions: PD2

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
I would think more likely
125 - Vega/Gomez
133 - Gomez/Parker/Simmons/Boston
141 - Gomez/Parker/Simmons/Boston
149 - Storr/Leisure

Rest I probably agree with
You're right. I got Vega and Parker mixed up. Hopefully some of them grow and we can space them out a bit. That's some serious talent.

Reactions: buf87

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Foley's Mailbag talks about Iowa State performance at Fargo

http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/16624

Q: Iowa State landed the No. 3 recruiting class by InterMat. In Fargo, future Cyclones claimed a combined seven All-American finishes and four national titles. Does KJ have ISU back primed for a return to national title contention?
-- Mike C.

Foley:
I don't keep a close beat on the youth scene, but I read some tweets about these finishes and the ranking and took pause. Maybe Kevin Jackson gets a much worse wrap than he deserves.

Winning anywhere is tough. If we can all agree that the times have changed and power shifted East then we can also agree that being in Iowa is not a great recruiting benefit for Coach Jackson. National titles are great, but after 40-plus years they lose their luster in the eyes of 17-year-old recruits.

So on nothing but staff and some incredible performances by individuals over the years Coach Jackson has proven to be an effective recruiter and developer of talent.

That said, I don't know that the class is enough to boost the Cyclones into national title contention, but its certainly a great place to start.

rdtindsm

Jan 30, 2008
There is an interesting (to me) article about a Mongolian women's world champion buried in the intermat wrestling article. I've spent time in Tibet on a bicycle tour. The Mongolian culture has always been fascinating with nomads living in yurts shepharding flocks on the steppes. Wrestling and horse racing both have large national festivals.

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
There is an interesting (to me) article about a Mongolian women's world champion buried in the intermat wrestling article. I've spent time in Tibet on a bicycle tour. The Mongolian culture has always been fascinating with nomads living in yurts shepharding flocks on the steppes. Wrestling and horse racing both have large national festivals.

Here is a short documentary on a female freestyle wrestler from Mongolia. Worth the watch.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron