FCS Playoff Bracket - UNI #3 seed

egunzy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 16, 2008
Humeston, IA
I apologize if this has already been posted. I just got home from work and looked at the FCS brackets. UNI is a 3 seed. S. Illinois (co-champ of MVC with UNI, beat UNI head-to-head) is a 6 seed and will potentially play at UNI in the 2nd rd. Great draw for UNI. Other than the fact that Appalachian State is on their half of the bracket.

How nice would it be if FBS would do the same thing......I know it is ALL about the money, however, you always hear lame arguments from the powers that be - too much class time missed, attendance would be low (solution - ON CAMPUS for the first few rds - reward your higher seeds), etc. If that is the truth why does every other level of college FB have a playoff. Just imagine what a 16 team D-1 playoff would look like. It would be awesome.

Anyway, food for thought. I attached the FCS bracket.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
I apologize if this has already been posted. I just got home from work and looked at the FCS brackets. UNI is a 3 seed. S. Illinois (co-champ of MVC with UNI, beat UNI head-to-head) is a 6 seed and will potentially play at UNI in the 2nd rd. Great draw for UNI. Other than the fact that Appalachian State is on their half of the bracket.

How nice would it be if FBS would do the same thing......I know it is ALL about the money, however, you always hear lame arguments from the powers that be - too much class time missed, attendance would be low (solution - ON CAMPUS for the first few rds - reward your higher seeds), etc. If that is the truth why does every other level of college FB have a playoff. Just imagine what a 16 team D-1 playoff would look like. It would be awesome.

Anyway, food for thought. I attached the FCS bracket.

It's all about money. College Sports is becoming more like the pros where it's all about corporate sponsors. The sponsors don't care about the sport or what's good for it. All they care about is having a Bowl Game be a commercial for their product.

I agree that a playoff (even with just the top 8 teams) would be cool for the college fan.

In reality, it won't happen until the powers that be care about a good product on the field.

The BCS works fine if talent is spread out evenly between the conferences. That isn't usually the case, so it sucks because you have 4 Big XII teams and 3 or 4 SEC teams better than any of the Big 10, Big East, or ACC, yet they will all get teams in the BCS bowls.

I'd like to see less restrictions on BCS games to get the best possible matchups. The problem is that the weaker conferences in any given year will complain about bias.

For non BCS bowls, I could really care less about the Big 10 #4 vs. Big XII #4 or whatever some of those other pairings are.

The Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl, and Orange Bowl have such a great history that they deserve better than having a majority of crappy matchups that have happened the last few years...

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
Good draw for the Panthers today. After I watched the selection show and read through all of the message boards tonight, I too thought how great it would be for the FBS to do the same thing. The excitement for all of the FCS fans was great tonight, and everyone is really pumped for a great playoff. Its too bad the FBS can't join in that great fun.

Anyway, LETS GO PANTHERS!

RocktheDome

Mar 3, 2008
Cedar Falls
The greatest thing about the playoffs, is we have no arguments about who wins the national title. The team that wins all four games deserves the trophy.

Hopefully this is the year for UNI. Maine is a good start!