Fennelly dismissed from Nikki Moody's lawsuit

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
How does any lawsuit remain at this point? Shouldn't the whole suit just be dismissed?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
im_shocked.gif

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
How does any lawsuit remain at this point? Shouldn't the whole suit just be dismissed?
I agree. Hard for me to understand how a "case" remains if Bill is not part of it. Unless the remaining case would somehow be consistent with the position taken by some students at the meeting with Leath recently where they called him a racist and walked out of his meeting. Kind of a stretch I know. Like the Missouri situation where the "case" basically was that the institution did not do enough when confronted with racial issues. However, right or wrong, they seemed to have a large amount of support, whereas so far, this seems like nicki alone.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
This is pretty common. Usually the only party left standing in a suit against the state is the state because of certain liability laws. If employees are acting in the scope of their employment of the state, the state is the liable party usually. I think there may be instances where this isn't the case but can't remember off the top of my head.

Reactions: acoustimac

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
What rhotlgraves said. Its about going after the money. The money is with the employer. This is very common in education law suits.