Flo Recruiting rankings

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
3. Iowa State

Top 100 recruits: No. 14 Samuel Colbray (Hermiston, Ore.), No. 43 Gannon Gremmel (Dubuque Hempstead, Iowa), No. 45 Kanen Storr (Leslie, Mich.), No. 72 Ian Parker (St. Johns, Mich.) and No. 76 Danny Vega (Ironwood Ridge, Ariz.)

Additional notable recruits: State champion Trey Meyer (East Valley, Wash.) and three-time state champion Zemua Baptista (Friend, Neb.)

Commentary: With the slight scrutiny that the Cyclones coaching staff is facing on a year-to-year basis, bringing in strong recruits is one way to head it off. The other is obviously strong dual meet performances and success at the NCAAs in terms of All-Americans and team finish. Five top 100 recruits is joint most for 2016 with North Carolina State. Colbray and Gremmel have the potential to be cogs in the Cyclones' machine at 197 and 285 for a few years, Vega the same as a career 125, while Storr and Parker provide potential in the lower-middleweights.

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
I'm really interested in how Vega will pan out. He reminds me a lot of Ryak Finch coming out of high school ( both from Arizona, double fargo champs, extremely talented, considered under sized and career 125 lbers). I still think Ryak was good enough to be a D I all american, hope it works out for Danny.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron