Florida Brews

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
Going to Florida at the end of this month. Doing the Disney thing. Staying off site.
1) Best Brew Pub in Orlando area.
2) Best place to pick up some beer?
3)What local beers should be must tries if available.

Thanks!

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Son in Orlando took us to a place called Orlando Brewing near downtown. I think they have tours every day around 6:00.

He's a grad student so he usually just drinks Yuengling. And probably just buys it at Publix.

zumbro clones

Jan 31, 2007
Southern Minnesota
From Beer Advocate:

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
Cigar City is the hot one. Best place to find their retail beers is at Total Wine and Spirits. There are two of them in the Orlando area. If you really want to dive in take the hour drive over to Tampa and visit their taproom. Tuesday's are the day they release their special firkin crowlers that are one off releases. I was down there last year and the firkin of the day was a Pecan Pie Nut Brown. That combined with some of the other taproom only beers made the trip well worth it. In fact there were two or three taproom exclusive beers that I would say are in my top 10 easily. Another brewery to find down there is Funky Buddha. Not sure where their brewery is but you can find them retail as well.

Outside of that there are a couple of World of Beer locations down there which are like a corporate version of El Bait Shop. I think they only have 50 or 60 beers on tap but they have around 300-400 bottles.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Son in Orlando took us to a place called Orlando Brewing near downtown. I think they have tours every day around 6:00.

He's a grad student so he usually just drinks Yuengling. And probably just buys it at Publix.

I am not a grad student. If I had access to Yuengling, I would drink it consistently.

Lucky SOB.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Not craft brew, but you can get Yuengling in Florida, so that is good. Like Spotted Cow, probably not grea, but because you can't get it in Iowa it tastes really yummy.