Idea: Football Forum - Opt in?

isumellie

May 18, 2006
Waukee, IA
Can we change the Football Forum to be opt-in like the In-State Rivals Forum and the Politics Forum? That way I can still come to Cyclonefanatic and see other good news about Iowa State Athletics?

Thanks!

Only half :jimlad:

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
No - while it's a depressing mess, you can't just take 50% of the posts out of the recent threads section without alienating a huge percentage of the member-base. It's easier with politics, gaming, rivals, etc because those truly are about things outside of Iowa State.

And yes, I realize that you could argue that Iowa State Football belongs in an off-topic section since it barely resembles competitive collegiate football at times, but that's a different topic:)

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Easy way to handle this. Make everything Opt-In
New accounts get a screen to select forums they want (with a convenient "all forums" button)
Give old accounts default "all forums" status and those who want to drop certain forums can just go do it themselves.

If there was someone who wanted to only see discussion on Wrestling or Women's Soccer, I'd bet the conversations would build because when they come on the forum they will have only one or two conversations.