"Football Island" from 60 minutes

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
this was a pretty cool story. watched it last night. makes you wonder why some of those guys in the NFL dont donate a couple thousands and buy pads. I mean how much does a field turf field cost? Its gotta be less that $1M right? (i say that because my high school just put one in and i think with the drainage system and total stadium makeover we got it was under $2M) so why cant these 30+ NFL guys pull together a couple million and build the kids a nice field and provide some safe helmets, etc. Im not even talking OLine sleds and such....just a field that isnt made of lava rock and some new equipment.

LetsPlay2

Dec 18, 2008
Des Moines
That was a really cool video. I wish ISU would send a full time recruiter there. Love that type of athlete. You have to respect the type of athlete they produce, especially Polamalu

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
this was a pretty cool story. watched it last night. makes you wonder why some of those guys in the NFL dont donate a couple thousands and buy pads. I mean how much does a field turf field cost? Its gotta be less that $1M right? (i say that because my high school just put one in and i think with the drainage system and total stadium makeover we got it was under $2M) so why cant these 30+ NFL guys pull together a couple million and build the kids a nice field and provide some safe helmets, etc. Im not even talking OLine sleds and such....just a field that isnt made of lava rock and some new equipment.

I'm surprised some crazy Texas or SEC booster hasn't done something like this. Open the facility, hire some retired assistant coach to run the place and steer recruits to the university.

junckerl

Feb 18, 2009
Saint Anthony
I thought that was a great story and I agree if they have 10 NFL players why haven't they given their home team some good equipment??