Four Seniors Playing Pro?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Agree that they all have the ability to play professionally, my only real question would be Naz with the obvious health concerns. Playing with glass hips.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It wouldn't surprise me a bit. Very few of the guys that have come through here over the last 7 years aren't playing some sort of pro basketball.....Melvin, Kane, Clyburn, Lucious, Babb, Royce, etc.

Reactions: isutrevman

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Agree that they all have the ability to play professionally, my only real question would be Naz with the obvious health concerns. Playing with glass hips.

Sure didn't look like glass hips this year. I think he's good to go for a while. I have no doubt all four can play at the next level. Matt and Naz most likely Europe, but you never know.

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

Irl

Apr 25, 2012
I don't think it is absurd to think Donny Jack & Lil Babb could play somewhere when they are done. It will be interesting to see if Solo can develop into that, too. It'd be crazy if 7 guys from this team played pro in some capacity.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I don't think it is absurd to think Donny Jack & Lil Babb could play somewhere when they are done. It will be interesting to see if Solo can develop into that, too. It'd be crazy if 7 guys from this team played pro in some capacity.
It's almost a sure thing they will. I can't confirm, but I'd imagine we have several teams in the recent past the have had that many play pro in some capacity.

If Young's outside shot is as good as a few have watched, he'll undoubtedly play pro somewhere.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Four ISU players going pro gives a boost to recruiting.

I don't think, outside of some big name NBA one-n-dones, recruits pay much attention to the fact that some Cyclone alumni is playing in Europe or Australia. Same thing with Hoiberg's alleged "NBA ties" being some big deal. He didn't bring in any sure fire NBA talent with maybe the exception of White and that was more Minnesota ties. And of course nobody outside Minnesota or ISU knows who White is anymore cause he didn't succeed in the NBA.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Nihawk and cmjh10

Nycclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2010
That would be extremely surprising.

Even booker played professionally in exotic locations like Lithuania and Albania so don't see how Holden or Bowie going pro would be surprising. Heck even edozie was given a contract in England.

• Winner
Reactions: jkclone