Friday OT #1 - I'll Meet You... In Hell

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
  • Agree
Reactions: NWICY

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I'm really bad with names, and it applies to user handles as well...

I think I met @guitarchitect7 at a spring football tailgate, along with a few others that showed up. It wasn't long after CF had originally started about a decade ago.

Was that the one where he, Janny, @chadm, myself, and a few others showed? I don't remember meeting you, though?! I remember jumbopackage and either sloaner or handsanitizer were also there (I ran into one of them at that tailgate, and the other in Vegas at the UNLV game).

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
I have met 40+ on here. Most of them being 8 plus years ago. Moving out of state has limited this. I do miss the CF tailgates from the old days in G7.

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Was that the one where he, Janny, @chadm, myself, and a few others showed? I don't remember meeting you, though?! I remember jumbopackage and either sloaner or handsanitizer were also there (I ran into one of them at that tailgate, and the other in Vegas at the UNLV game).

Of course you remember jumbopackage. We don't want to hear the details.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Perhaps I'll finally be able to make a football game again this year. It's been too long. Things are a bit settled down on the home front. I haven't even experienced/seen the stadium expansion in real life yet!

Look for an old man in an old Ford painted 2 different colors of green.

And I may need to buy a ticket off of one of you people.

• Friendly
Reactions: chadm

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
No one cause internet people are scary.

I did see Rulzzz from a distance at the first Hilton Madness. At least I assume it was him cause it said so on the jersey he was wearing. But I didn't want to be a creepy old internet lady and stalk him.

Not a CFer unless it is a troll, but saw the HAWKSTD license plate on Highway 5. Teenagers saw it first and were laughing hysterically.

I think some of the Hawk trolls obsessed with CyTwins probably have surveillance set up in Ankeny and are watching him.

I saw that guy too, just recently! A Ford pickup driving around DSM!

• Winner
Reactions: carvers4math

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Baylor game and few years ago?

If I'm remembering you correctly, we met at a Kum & Go in Ankeny and I bought some tickets from you. I think it was for a basketball game but I'm not sure.

That was probably the one. I was there tailgating with some of my roommates and other friends, so I didn't stay at the CF tailgate for too long.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Perhaps I'll finally be able to make a football game again this year. It's been too long. Things are a bit settled down on the home front. I haven't even experienced/seen the stadium expansion in real life yet!

Look for an old man in an old Ford painted 2 different colors of green.

And I may need to buy a ticket off of one of you people.
If you come up here, let me know! Maybe you'll drive home with some new (old) albums... :)

• Friendly
Reactions: MeanDean

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Brothers include wartknight, andybernard, and one other but I don't know his username.
Met more than a few through pickup ball. I was roommates with Cubs and Fitzy last year and am in a prestigous facebook group chat with them, cyguy, and vikes that we talk in every day.. almost too much. I'm definitely missing others but those are the important ones

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
The pickup crew, way too many to post all them, plus, Im sure I would forget one or and they would get mad. Roomed with clonefan freshman year and was neighbors with 101. Have met KC as well. Facebook friends with Bret. Want to meet a few more.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
So, like, does the pickup crew ever play anymore? I've always wanted to join in, to the point where I think I'd make a special trip to Ames for it if it was ever planned again.

We haven't played since last summer and the location has changed to Ankeny as more people in the group have located toward Des Moines.

Reactions: harimad