Friday OT #1 - Take Me To Another Place...

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
The song the most reminds me of pulp fiction is Al Green, Let's stay together. The Bruce Willis, Ving Rhames bribe scene.

Also with Lebowski I think of the Dylan song and the Kenny Rogers just dropped in.

Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
If you never bought the music soundtrack there are actually two. Totally agree about Drivers Seat and the entire soundtrack. Every song reminds me of the movie. And PT Anderson uses them expertly, every single one.

Supertramp and Aimee Mann usually bring me back to Magnolia.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
If you never bought the music soundtrack there are actually two. Totally agree about Drivers Seat and the entire soundtrack. Every song reminds me of the movie. And PT Anderson uses them expertly, every single one.

Yup, I think a lot of Anderson as a director. He seems a worthy successor to Robert Altman, who was so glorious at taking big, star-studded casts and making really fresh stories. Of course Altman was a little further off the beaten path than Anderson. You ever watch "Wonderland" with Val Kilmer? A different take on basically the same (real) story. But a lot more unpleasant.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Okay got a bunch more

Paradise City - Can't hardly Wait
Sweet Child of Mine - Used to be Big Daddy but now reminds me of the family sing along to this in Stepbrothers
Pocketful of Sunshine - Easy A

1,000 miles - White chicks

Couple by all american rejects
Move along - She's the Man
Dirty little secret - John Tucker must die

Linger, Cranberries - Click

Heat of the moment, Asia - 40 year old virgin

Reactions: Angie and Cybirdy

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I watch mostly kids' movies these days. Some have contemporary music along with made-for-the-movie music.

The Book of Life--I Will Wait for You, Just a Friend, Creep are just a few
Trolls--True Colors, The Sound of Silence
Megamind--Crazy Train
Sing--too many to list, just watched it twice last weekend

Pitch Perfect movies have ruined some songs for me, but is still the first thing I think of with some of them.

Any of the songs from John Hughes films.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
No matter what Bowie sings, I only picture him as the Goblin King

• Friendly

bsblllvr14

Jan 21, 2008
Norwalk, IA
I have so many from High Fidelity, but mostly Walkin on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves.
Happy Together by the Turtles reminds me of Ernest Goes to Camp. I'm sure I'm not alone there.

• Agree

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I have so many from High Fidelity, but mostly Walkin on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves.
Happy Together by the Turtles reminds me of Ernest Goes to Camp. I'm sure I'm not alone there.

Sonic ******* Death Monkey

• Friendly

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Ahem. Kathleen Turner Overdrive.

Oh, this is another good one. Whenever "Baby I Love Your Way" comes on the radio, I have to hit the brakes on the reflex to ask, "Is that Peter ******** Frampton?!?"

• Winner

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
So after making my list on here yesterday, while at work today I had on I heart radio's 2000's station and within 20 minutes of each other I heard both Pocketful of sunshine and 1,000 miles.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
LeAnn Rhimes "How Do I" from Con Air. Everytime I hear that song I think of that movie. My girlfriend (now wife) and I broke up after going to the movie. Not sure what caused the breakup. Got back together after about a month. Got married in 2001 and actually played that song as our 1st dance.
LeAnn did a version of it, but the one used in the film was Trisha Yearwood. :)

• Agree
Reactions: harimad