Friday OT #2 - Don't Play With Me, 'Cause You're Playing With Fire

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Janny and I were playing Rolling Stones music for the kids last night (read as: forcing them to listen). We were each fighting for our own options to be played.

What are your top 5 Rolling Stones songs? (Sorry to steal your Top 5 premise, @cyclones500.) Bonus points for YouTube links.

Mine is variable by the day, but here's what I've got right now (despite being named after "Angie"):

5. You Can't Always Get What You Want (LINK)
4. Wild Horses (LINK)
3. Street Fighting Man (LINK)
2. Beast of Burden (LINK)
1. Miss You (LINK)

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Honorable mentions that I couldn't fit in:

Play With Fire (LINK)
Gimme Shelter (LINK)
Get Off Of My Cloud (LINK)

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Undercover
Waiting on a Friend
Midnight Rambler
Sympathy for the Devil
You Can't Always Get What You Want

I'll throw in album too, even though ironically I didn't list any of the songs: Exile on Main Street

Midnight Rambler, in particular, was way up on my list. I had to mentally reorganize this about six times - I'm in a big ballad phase right now. I always love Ruby Tuesday, too.

• Friendly
Reactions: pulse

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
1. You Can't Always Get What You Want
2. Satisfaction
3. Start Me Up
4. Sympathy for the Devil
5. Angie (5th on this list but first in our hearts. Unless you start banning us then this drops completely off the list)

• Friendly
  • Funny
Reactions: harimad and Angie

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Midnight Rambler, in particular, was way up on my list. I had to mentally reorganize this about six times - I'm in a big ballad phase right now. I always love Ruby Tuesday, too.

I think that's why I thought of Waiting on a Friend, because of the big smooth jazz sax solo.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Janny and I were playing Rolling Stones music for the kids last night (read as: forcing them to listen). We were each fighting for our own options to be played.

What are your top 5 Rolling Stones songs? (Sorry to steal your Top 5 premise, @cyclones500.) Bonus points for YouTube links.

Mine is variable by the day, but here's what I've got right now (despite being named after "Angie"):

4. Wild Horses (LINK)
1. Miss You (LINK)

Not Angie?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
1. You Can't Always Get What You Want
2. Satisfaction
3. Start Me Up
4. Sympathy for the Devil
5. Angie (5th on this list but first in our hearts. Unless you start banning us then this drops completely off the list)

Not Angie?

It IS definitely way up in my heart. Both of the kids are familiar with it, since I was named after it. But empirically, I can't stack it up against any of the other songs on my list and think, "Yeah, that's better in every way." I guess it's similar in style to "Wild Horses"...

My list fluctuates, short version. ;)

Reactions: jcyclonee

drlove

Mar 20, 2007

4. Wild Horses (LINK)
1. Miss You (LINK)

1. Sympathy for the Devil (IMO, the greatest "Rock n Roll" song of all time)
2. Paint it Black
3. Under my Thumb
4. Shattered
5. Far away Eyes

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
Tough to name just five. A lot of good ones named already, so I'll pick some not listed yet:
She's a Rainbow
Moonlight Mile
The Last Time
Torn and Frayed
Let It Bleed

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
1. Sympathy for the Devil (IMO, the greatest "Rock n Roll" song of all time)
2. Paint it Black
3. Under my Thumb
4. Shattered
5. Far away Eyes

Three weeks ago, your top three would have been on my list, along with probably still Beast of Burden and You Can't Always Get What You Want.

She's a Rainbow is also huge on my list.

Reactions: drlove

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
It IS definitely way up in my heart. Both of the kids are familiar with it, since I was named after it. But empirically, I can't stack it up against any of the other songs on my list and think, "Yeah, that's better in every way." I guess it's similar in style to "Wild Horses"...

My list fluctuates, short version. ;)
I feel like, during Angie, there's real emotion and heartbreak in the song. It's amazing they can pull this off since I'm pretty sure neither Mic nor Keith are capable of feeling any emotion other than some of the anger-related emotions.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I feel like, during Angie, there's real emotion and heartbreak in the song. It's amazing they can pull this off since I'm pretty sure neither Mic nor Keith are capable of feeling any emotion other than some of the anger-related emotions.

And lust. Lots of lust.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Thread delivers. Flashing back to listening to Satisfaction on my little portable 8 or 10 transistor National Panasonic radio. Stealthily listening after lights out to KAAY with radio under my pillow.

:D

• Friendly

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron