Future Cyclones Earn Spot In Texas’ All-Star Game

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
AMES, Iowa – Iowa State signees Fallon Ellis and Nikki Moody have been selected to participate in the first-ever Texas Shootout, an all-star game hosted by the Texas Sports Hall of Fame. The game will be held Saturday at 10:30 a.m. at the Ferrell Center in Waco, Texas.

Moody, a Euless, Texas native, averaged 18.1 points, 4.8 assists and 4.2 rebounds for Trinity High School as a senior. The top-100 recruit also averaged 2.9 steals en route to earning Texas Basketball Magazine all-state honors.

Ellis, a forward from Westbury Christian High School in Missouri City, Texas, averaged 10.1 points and 5.0 rebounds per game. Ellis scored 20 or more points four times for the Wildcats, who finished the season 39-1 and won their third-straight Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools state championship.

907CY

Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
There are the Sisters number 2 and 3 starters for next year. I say that with a little trepidation as Harris was an all stater from California and she flopped. I hoping that Moody comes in shooting the ball and never stops. Both are a little short for the Big 12 so I am hoping they can create shots and handle the ball along side Loz. Go Clones... Only 166 days until practice starts...

mhalb

Apr 11, 2010
Iowa
There are the Sisters number 2 and 3 starters for next year. I say that with a little trepidation as Harris was an all stater from California and she flopped. I hoping that Moody comes in shooting the ball and never stops. Both are a little short for the Big 12 so I am hoping they can create shots and handle the ball along side Loz. Go Clones... Only 166 days until practice starts...

Ehh... I don't think Harris flopped. I think she's going to be way better this next season. She reminds me of a miniature Kelsey Bolte.

Congrats Moody and Fallon! I am excited you guys are become clones... :)

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin

ExCYting! I hope during the Texas Football Game weekend there is some way to see some WBB practices or scrimmages (I'll be there three days).

No doubt Moody and Ellis were potent H.S. guard/forward. But both will be Freshman in a new town, new system, new to college ball and we have some pretty good players at those positions already. Lauren is not a pushover and Harris will had a year to get her groove. I am not selling the Freshmen short I just want reality to be our guide. With Vanloo coming in I could see the next couple years as a time of adjustment and maybe tremendous possibilities!

Kitkat

Apr 10, 2009
I agree that Harris hit the frosh wall and will be better next year. One thing I always liked about Harris's game is that she knew how to feed the bigs from the wing, and lots of wings cannot or do not do this effectively, leading to turnovers. She will need to improve on defense, however, and I think she will.

bauer5152

May 5, 2011
Ehh... I don't think Harris flopped. I think she's going to be way better this next season. She reminds me of a miniature Kelsey Bolte.

Congrats Moody and Fallon! I am excited you guys are become clones... :)

I also think so.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I agree that Harris hit the frosh wall and will be better next year. One thing I always liked about Harris's game is that she knew how to feed the bigs from the wing, and lots of wings cannot or do not do this effectively, leading to turnovers. She will need to improve on defense, however, and I think she will.

+1

I'm not worried about her shooting. She had a killer shot in high school. If she got more minutes, she'd probably be shooting a better percentage. She didn't play a whole lot because she was a defensive liability. That's not all about athleticism: she often would leave her opponent to help out, and the ballhandler would then kick the ball out to her now-open opponent. That's correctable. If she can work on her defensive technique, she'll play more.

Kitkat

Apr 10, 2009
+1

I'm not worried about her shooting. She had a killer shot in high school. If she got more minutes, she'd probably be shooting a better percentage. She didn't play a whole lot because she was a defensive liability. That's not all about athleticism: she often would leave her opponent to help out, and the ballhandler would then kick the ball out to her now-open opponent. That's correctable. If she can work on her defensive technique, she'll play more.

agree, especially with your last sentence.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin

Bolte was a state track star and one of the fastest up the floor. Harris can't match that and Harris's reach is about three inches shorter... so yeah, miniature. Harris will have her H.S. jersey retired and if I recall she is a top student. Harris will be more of a shooting guard and has the smarts to be very good in other ways.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Harris played for a great high school program at Brea Olinda, with a lots of very good players. She benefited there by playing with a tremendous point guard in (often-injured) Alexis Perry.
Like many players with limited quickness and speed, Harris needs a penetrating PG to draw defenders away and get open. We don't have that at ISU.
Would have been nice to get Perry or superstar center Justine Hartman from Brea Olinda this year.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Agree with this. She never really got into any sort of offensive groove her freshman year but she really did have some nice passes to our bigs which impressed me. IMHO, if she can play defense to Bill's expectation she will see more court time.

fulll02

Apr 17, 2006
Des Moines
I think Harris could end up with a Amanda Nisleit sort of trajectory. Nisleit didn't do much her freshman year (granted she had to play guard a lot due a shortage at that position) and she looked to me like a recruiting miss. By her senior year, there weren't many players I would have traded for her.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron