Game Thread: ISU @ Kansas

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Lets say that was Flynn that tossed that TD pass for us in his last game as a senior who moved to WR and then played some QB for us.

We'd all be saying "way to go for Flynn, throwing a TD pass and another long pass in his final home game".

And...it's not like we stopped their running game on that drive, not even close. They averaged over 10 yards a carry on that drive I think.

Just making a point.

This is pretty much what I expected for the game. Maintain some level of a game early but in the 2nd half - just not enough.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
"Fat piece of crap throwing deep and running up the score."

I hope that was sarcasm. KU is playing for a BCS national championship. They have the backup in. Who cares what plays they run? They were running the ball down our throats too.

Beaten soundly by a good team. Well played and well coached game by KU.

No it wasn't sarcasm!!!! I am all for 2nd stringers getting a chance to play but theres no need to throw deep with 2 minutes left and up by 20+.

Cyclone711

Oct 27, 2007
Minnesota

I hope that was sarcasm. KU is playing for a BCS national championship. They have the backup in. Who cares what plays they run? They were running the ball down our throats too.

It's still a **** move.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA

Absolutely, they've got some incentive to score points. Besides, I'm more pissed in the fact that our team can't prevent them from scoring points rather than the idea that they might be running up the score.

Someday I hope we have a team that can't beat other teams by 38 points.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Absolutely, they've got some incentive to score points. Besides, I'm more pissed in the fact that our team can't prevent them from scoring points rather than the idea that they might be running up the score.

Someday I hope we have a team that can't beat other teams by 38 points.

What is that incentive?

SDClone

Oct 3, 2007
Ankeny, Iowa
What is that incentive?

the incentive is, is that they are proving their point that they deserve to be in the national championship game (that is if they don't get beat in the next two weeks). they have been getting a lot of crap from people saying that they don't play anyone tough. if i was the coach i would have done the same, prove to everyone that they are a team that can contend no matter who you play. they are proving their point that they deserve to be in the national championship. look back in the past when it was common for team to put between 60-70 points a game against someone. Now if someone gets beat by a margin that big, all you here is people crying about running up the score. i have to hand it to them though, they kicked the crap out of us and after today, i am interested in how they are going to turn out. I am getting tired of the south getting all the attention, its time for a change and kansas and missouri are the first steps to making the change.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
the incentive is, is that they are proving their point that they deserve to be in the national championship game (that is if they don't get beat in the next two weeks). they have been getting a lot of crap from people saying that they don't play anyone tough. if i was the coach i would have done the same, prove to everyone that they are a team that can contend no matter who you play. they are proving their point that they deserve to be in the national championship. look back in the past when it was common for team to put between 60-70 points a game against someone. Now if someone gets beat by a margin that big, all you here is people crying about running up the score. i have to hand it to them though, they kicked the crap out of us and after today, i am interested in how they are going to turn out. I am getting tired of the south getting all the attention, its time for a change and kansas and missouri are the first steps to making the change.

There's not much difference between 38-7 and 45-7, especially with Mizzou (and possibly Oklahoma) on the horizon. It's actually a really good way to get your QB plowed, as we saw from Rashawn.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
They could have restrained a little but I don't think it would have mattered. They ran a few points up at the end maybe but by no means were they running up the score, or atleast not the way they could have. Take for example punting on 4th and 1 - they could have gone if they wanted.

Lets just hope they go on to be the National Champs now

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron