"Gamewatch" in Bettendorf

Big12Fan

Nov 24, 2006
Davenport
Some Iowa State fans in the Davenport-Bettendorf area are organizing a group that will gather to watch Cyclone games on television. The first one was last weekend at a bar and grill in Bettendorf (don't know if I can mention a business name on this site?). I didn't get to attend, as we had planned a get-together in Eldridge. Did anyone on this side of the state attend? Hope this succeeds...we needs Cyclone fans to come out in this Hawkeye infested area! :yes:
Haven't heard anything yet about a get-together for the UNLV game.

tcrowell

Apr 12, 2006
Davenport
I went to the gamewatch Saturday in Bettendorf and there was a really good turnout. Probably 5 to 1 or better in favor of the good guys. The name of the bar and grill is Uptown located behind Happy Joe's on Spruce Hills Drive.

I don't think there's an official gamewatch for this week but there will definately be Cyclone fans there cheering them on.

Big12Fan

Nov 24, 2006
Davenport
So it is...though I was encouraged by the great turn out this summer for the Cyclone Tailgate Tour. There are many ISU fans who wear their colors proudly through these ugly streets paved with black and gold. We will emerge bigger, faster and stronger; a force to be reckoned with!

iowast_nate

Jan 22, 2008
Davenport
If I didn't have season tickets or wasn't going to Vegas I'd be at every game watch. I'm glad someone is leading it up. Hopefully it keeps up.