ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Hey guys -

Due to your feedback, we are going to be doing a lot of work to ads on our mobile site over the next few weeks. We are aware of the situation and are committed to improving it.

The reason I'm writing is to tell you that you will probably see some changes over the next few days/weeks. We are deliberately doing this - testing speed, revenue, etc. - to find the best solution to this problem.

If you can, please use this thread to give me feedback. I need specific feedback though. What type of phone/tablet you are using, the issues you're seeing, etc.

The good news is that I think we have this thing figured out. We just need to find a happy medium that that the site doesn't go broke.

Thanks for all of your input and patience. It is very much appreciated.

adamwbusch

Dec 8, 2016
I got a new phone and cannot even find where to download the app again. It did not appear on the apple store the last time I looked.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Did you stay afloat? Thought it was going better but typing a message is still terrible.

Not correcting my errors because it trendies how sir my keyboard respond.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
What sorts of 'ins' do you have with ESPN? :)

I can't even check the updated scores for ISU/Big 12 on my phone via that site. Weird.

BTW checked CF on my phone this morning...I know there were already changes to smooth it out and it seemed faster. Thanks!

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
IPhone 5: Biggest thing is it says loading 75% of the time. Less of a deal: When you enter the football forum and then select a thread, the "back" button takes you all the way back out rather than just back to the football forum.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I actually have no issues on my iPhone 6 with load times, etc. My biggest issue is that I get redirected to ads and then I have to reopen CF on another window. The last one I got screwed up my safari and I couldn't close the window.

ISUStrEngr

Jan 9, 2009
Moto X, Android 5.1, Chrome.

The lag when navigating between pages was unbearable, so I stopped using Chrome. Using Chrome now, seems to be better. Not perfect, but very similar to the load times on my workaround.

Thanks for your efforts.

arobb

Jan 4, 2014
Moto G, Android 5.1.1, chrome.
Much improvement recently. Could barely even type a reply the past few weeks.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
iPhone 6S/Safari when a page loads it sometimes kills audio from other apps such as podcast, Spotify, iHeartRadio, etc.

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
thanks @ChrisMWilliams , Google Pixel using Chrome has been better the last few days (wasn't as bad as my Moto Droid Maxx, woof).

However, chrome on my laptop has gotten worse, had a few re-directs without clicking, lots of lag :(

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm having better experience tonight than I did Thursday. iPhone 5 w latest iOS. First time in quite a while I haven't gotten messages about pages needing to reload.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Galaxy Note 4 with the Internet app.

Working fine now, maybe because it's 3am, but my biggest issue is the page would always load up to about 95% right away (basing that off the load bar). And then take some time to finish loading. So it'd let me scroll through things and then send me to the section it should have jumped to which was annoying (I think it actually starts you in the right place and then returns back once fully loaded).

This often caused misclicks where you'd hit a user's profile instead of a thread title.

Not a huge issue and I use mobile a lot, but you said be detailed.

Edit: I think this may be resolved. I tried about 5 pages out and the delay in the final load time isn't causing any skip backs.

• Agree
Reactions: JBone84

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
Dont me@n to be the debbie downer but things still were better couple days ago but yesterday and today it has been a mess again. lag typing horrible and now if im reading front page article it will lock my browser up if i try to click out.

The regular forum is back to being unusable laggy again.

Not for sure if its related but i can watch my battery drain while using the mobile site, its crazy, no other site i frequent does this.

This took me 30 mins to type because of laggy typing and froze multiple tine. Had to turn to desk top site just Finish. Unusable for me right now. Wont type anything like this again because took forever.

Lgv10 android 6.1 on chrome browser

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Chrome on Note 4 works just fine.

Chrome on iPad, site is super slow and crashes at times