isubucky72

Apr 10, 2006
Iowa
When navigating a forum there is a floating ad at the bottom. The "x" to close is too small for a finger to select.

Maybe this is by design, but not sure I like it.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
When navigating a forum there is a floating ad at the bottom. The "x" to close is too small for a finger to select.

Maybe this is by design, but not sure I like it.

This is by design.

if you've noticed, we have eliminated every ad other than two on the mobile site. That's revenue from like 6 spots we just threw away to improve performance.

The one you are talking about is anchored so it's always on the page and it is supposed to pay more, enough, I'm hoping, to get us somewhere near where we used to be.

All of this stuff is in a testing process right now.

Thanks for the input. We are working on it every day.

Reactions: kilroy and JBone84

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
This is by design.

if you've noticed, we have eliminated every ad other than two on the mobile site. That's revenue from like 6 spots we just threw away to improve performance.

The one you are talking about is anchored so it's always on the page and it is supposed to pay more, enough, I'm hoping, to get us somewhere near where we used to be.

Thanks for that clarification. Last night when I was on the WBB and another thread, the big black rotating thing and the small ad at the bottom made it really difficult to see what I wanted to see. Also, it was taking forever to load and more often than not, the thread would not show updated content even though I refreshed it.
I have an iPhone 5C and use Safari. I know it's old, but it's paid for. And my fingers aren't that big, but they're way too large to click the tiny x in the corner of the ad.

isubucky72

Apr 10, 2006
Iowa
This is by design.

Thanks for the clarification. I may be in the minority, but would be interested in paying for an ad free experience. I understand everyone needs to pay the bills and ads are the way it is done currently. The fixed floating ad is currently covering most of the editor window I am typing this in....Seems alittle over the top (literally and figuratively)

Keep up the good work!!

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I'm assuming not only is this why it's nearly impossible to type, but also why my phone is burning up and practically overheating whenever on CF?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron