Going to Chicago, I have a request

Clonebydesign

Jul 21, 2009
Ames
Besides other than bringing home a victory I need something else. For those of you going to or already in Chicago for the game tonight I have a request. Please find me a bottle or two of Templeton Rye whiskey and I’ll pay you for it. I’ve been informed that it is not as popular in Illinois and there for alot more plentiful at stores. Price should be about $35. PM me for details if you’d be willing to make the pickup or if you already have a few in hand.:yes:

GO CYCLONES!!!

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Besides other than bringing home a victory I need something else. For those of you going to or already in Chicago for the game tonight I have a request. Please find me a bottle or two of Templeton Rye whiskey and I’ll pay you for it. I’ve been informed that it is not as popular in Illinois and there for alot more plentiful at stores. Price should be about $35. PM me for details if you’d be willing to make the pickup or if you already have a few in hand.:yes:

GO CYCLONES!!!

During HRI 383 we had the people from Templeton rye give a presentation to us. They said that they only send 300 bottles to the Chicago area, and that was fall 2008. I'm not sure where they sell it too, but I have not seen them around. Your probably better off driving a longer distance in Iowa that you know who has it than trying to find a store in Chicago.

Clonebydesign

Jul 21, 2009
Ames
Hy-Vee liquor manager in DM told me that their stores have more of it on the shelves there than we do. He also said that his brother in Illinois said that it is in many stores and that it just doesn’t move that well in Illinois. Just saying if you’re in Illinois over the next day or two please take a look for me.

Thanks

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
They tweeted yesterday that the Fareway in Boone (I think) had 5 bottles or something.

Edit: Yep - 4 bottles at the Boone Fareway as of yesterday afternoon

Last edited:

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
I've never had this whiskey, but your desire to have it (you proved it by asking random people on a message board to buy it for you) makes me intrigued and I would like to try some... I wonder if they sell it in Indiana. What is so good about it?

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
If in the Chicago area, check Armanetti's Liquor or Binny's beverage Depot.

only 300 bottles sent to the chicago area? That seems a little light, but I guess I don't dooubt it. I account for about 1.5% of all of their Chicago sales then. The Armanetti's I buy from seems to go through their stock reasonably often. Bummer though, the new state tax raised the price from $34 to $36.

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA
It was Capone's liquor of choice during the Prohibition days.

My sister in-law works for a liquor distributor down in Chicago and easily found a bottle for me. I was shocked and she said it was no big deal and that they are all over the place down there.

Clonebydesign

Jul 21, 2009
Ames
I've never had this whiskey, but your desire to have it (you proved it by asking random people on a message board to buy it for you) makes me intrigued and I would like to try some... I wonder if they sell it in Indiana. What is so good about it?
It's only sold in IA and IL, sorry. Ok so now who ever is going knows where to look thanks guys. By the way bring home a win, I can only yell so loud at my TV.

Last edited:

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com

only 300 bottles sent to the chicago area? That seems a little light, but I guess I don't dooubt it. I account for about 1.5% of all of their Chicago sales then. The Armanetti's I buy from seems to go through their stock reasonably often. Bummer though, the new state tax raised the price from $34 to $36.

Official sponsor of the Cubs leadoff man!

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA

We drank some this summer and I shot fire out of my eyes.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Try a Binny's liquor store. They almost always have it and there are several in the city.

Clonebydesign

Jul 21, 2009
Ames
Last edited:

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
I know I can get it but would like to not pay the crazy shipping fee and also I'd like it in the next day or so. If you dont buy it retail you have to wait till the next batch is released for your order to be filled and i'm sure Binny's is not filling orders off of their shelf.

My buddy just ordered some a couple weeks ago from this site and go it with in a couple days.

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
Hy-Vee liquor manager in DM told me that their stores have more of it on the shelves there than we do. He also said that his brother in Illinois said that it is in many stores and that it just doesn’t move that well in Illinois. Just saying if you’re in Illinois over the next day or two please take a look for me.

Thanks

Could ask the HyVee manager to ask his brother to put one away for you...Or better yet...do a store transfer

Clonebydesign

Jul 21, 2009
Ames
Got 2 bottles at west hy-vee lastnight and buddy got one. As of halftime one was still there in the locked glass case. Thanks for everyones help?:skeptical: