Gomez pulls out of Dapper Dan with injury

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Yes I did talk to Dresser for awhile. More about the old days in high school; we were in the same conference and wrestled each other.

The Iowa State daily article sums things up pretty good.
http://www.iowastatedaily.com/sports/wrestling/article_817f4c6a-0c62-11e7-804e-636413ed6b1e.html

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/sports/wrestling/article_40b0e91e-0b68-11e7-b451-1fd3f1870811.html

Dresser is back in Virginia. Stressed that weight lifting starts Monday (today). Coach Beau is in charge.

Some wrestlers are still on the fence about buying in. Stressed that we need to trust him. That means fans and wrestlers. Also stated that not all will be happy with who is hired/retained or not retained/hired. But need to trust him.

We as fans need to go to CWC and get signed up. Wants email addresses and going to address fan base every month or 2 through emails. Encouraged fans to come to CWC meetings, next one is a week from tomorrow.

Anybody ask him specifically about Verkleeren? I forgot to ask. I know he is still committed to Iowa State, but not sure if 100% on board or on the fence yet.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Yes I did talk to Dresser for awhile. More about the old days in high school; we were in the same conference and wrestled each other.

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/sports/wrestling/article_817f4c6a-0c62-11e7-804e-636413ed6b1e.html

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/sports/wrestling/article_40b0e91e-0b68-11e7-b451-1fd3f1870811.html

Dresser is back in Virginia. Stressed that weight lifting starts Monday (today). Coach Beau is in charge.

Some wrestlers are still on the fence about buying in. Stressed that we need to trust him. That means fans and wrestlers. Also stated that not all will be happy with who is hired/retained or not retained/hired. But need to trust him.

We as fans need to go to CWC and get signed up. Wants email addresses and going to address fan base every month or 2 through emails. Encouraged fans to come to CWC meetings, next one is a week from tomorrow.

Anybody ask him specifically about Verkleeren? I forgot to ask. I know he is still committed to Iowa State, but not sure if 100% on board or on the fence yet.
Excellent. I love the fact that he has a process he trusts. Its a lot different than the KJ hire. The way this team flatlined this year I as a fan can do exactly what he asks, and that's trust and donate.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Excellent. I love the fact that he has a process he trusts. Its a lot different than the KJ hire. The way this team flatlined this year I as a fan can do exactly what he asks, and that's trust and donate.

That was the absolute worst part about this season. The talent was on the team to be top 20 at the very worst, and maybe break in to the top ten. But it all got wasted.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Like, when 1 guy struggles with his weight cut then that's probably his problem. When half your starting lineup disappears after December because they can't manage the weight cut and stay healthy/effective that's a coaching problem.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Don't leave us in suspense buf!!! How badly did you beat him in HS?

Seriously, I am going to trust him with the assistants. It's his butt on the line now. He has shown the ability to get it right, and I'm sure we all would trade places with VT for nationals placements this year. Would be nice if the Paulsens were able to be around in some capacity with their recruiting the last couple years. The one question I had came at HS state. Would TNT have the time to coach all the Junior teams with the young families they now have. I remember the little girl and the infant at finals and it could be that it gets tougher to hold that schedule.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Like, when 1 guy struggles with his weight cut then that's probably his problem. When half your starting lineup disappears after December because they can't manage the weight cut and stay healthy/effective that's a coaching problem.

Honest question since I've never been around a college wrestling room. Do our S&C staff set out plans for the wrestlers, or nutrionists, or do the Coaches basically handle the weight situations on how to best get there?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Honest question since I've never been around a college wrestling room. Do our S&C staff set out plans for the wrestlers, or nutrionists, or do the Coaches basically handle the weight situations on how to best get there?

I ask Trent about this. Very detailed nutrition plans set up for the wrestlers. Done by nutritionists if I remember correctly. Not sure what else the staff could have done was my thought

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu

I couldn't answer that directly but over the years Jackson has always made statements about whether guys are "following their nutrition plan". And my thought on that is if nobody is following their plans then either the plans aren't realistic or the coaches aren't successfully imparting on the wrestlers how important it is to cut weight properly.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Jake Allar's dad continues to say that Verkleeren is going to be a Gopher.

Also he had Verk down to Minny, PSU and NC State and Iowa State out, so ...

Verk still has the Cyclones in twitter header and pinned that he is a Cyclone.

As what happen to Teasdale, need to keep recruiting these guys.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Looking at 125 -157,
We should be solid in 2 years. Vega, Parker, Simmons, Gomez, Storr, Verkleeren, and Leisure battling for 5 spots

• Agree
Reactions: csteve

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron