Good smack from GMAC "DM Rag Article"

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
Well, I thought it was humorous! See last paragraph. Also, note possible start time for the MBB game?

Basketball coaches Bill Self of Kansas and Greg McDermott of Iowa State might share a gym in Ames for two days, not one, this weekend.

The Cyclones host Kansas at 1:05 p.m. Saturday in Hilton Coliseum. On Friday, blue-chip recruit Harrison Barnes of Ames High School will be playing against Fort Dodge in the Little Cyclones’ gym.

Barnes, a junior, has been offered scholarships by more than 20 schools, including Iowa State, Kansas, North Carolina and Duke.

McDermott’s son, Doug, also is a junior on the Ames team and has a couple of Division I offers as well.

“I don’t know,’’ McDermott said today when asked if Self would be in attendance Friday. â€He hasn’t called to ask me permission if he can see my son play.’’

NOTE: Also, while watching the MN and Purdue MBB game, I just saw on ESPN they had the ISU-KS game at 4PM EST time, which is different than the Register and other media outlets have posted... Not sure if ESPN is changing the start time?

Z

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
His son has D 1 offers I have seen games where the kid has like 1 point?

No, I think he was being sarcastic..."the funny part of the article". Self would be there watching HB.

Now regarding his Mac's son, I am sure others might have some insight as far as schools looking at his son? Anyone?

Z

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
He has offers from South Dakota and Albany...he's been the second leading scorer behind Barnes lately...very fundamentally sound and very nice touch from the inside and outside.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
His son has D 1 offers I have seen games where the kid has like 1 point?
Yeah, and you've probably seen games where Harrison has like nine, or thirteen. And there are a helluva lotta D-I basketball teams. That said, the odds are that McDermott the Younger will walk on at Iowa State.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
“I don’t know,’’ McDermott said today when asked if Self would be in attendance Friday. â€He hasn’t called to ask me permission if he can see my son play.’’

That's hilarious! :biglaugh:

khess83

Jan 7, 2009
Beaverdale-Des Moines, IA
Doug McDermott is a very solid player with good skills on the block and who plays tough defense. If he put on a little more weight, it would not surprise me if he got additional offers from D1 schools.

Bartastic

Dec 29, 2008
Iowa
Doug McDermott is a very solid player with good skills on the block and who plays tough defense. If he put on a little more weight, it would not surprise me if he got additional offers from D1 schools.

It'd be nice if he'd grow a couple inches, too! But, like most posters, I also think he plays a decent game. Pretty sure he'll be a walk-on at ISU. McD makes enough money to give his son a personal scholarship.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
It'd be nice if he'd grow a couple inches, too! But, like most posters, I also think he plays a decent game. Pretty sure he'll be a walk-on at ISU. McD makes enough money to give his son a personal scholarship.

Don't kids of employees go to school here next to, if not free?

st8phan

Nov 7, 2007
Columbia
Don't kids of employees go to school here next to, if not free?

Nope... Not @ the state universities. Children of employees pay the same prices as anyone else. Private schools are different though, like Drake and Wartburg. There you get a big time hook-up!

Help Support Us

Become a patron