Harlan Lineman Hoch

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
My little brother goes to school at Harlan and was at the basketball games tonight. He said that Gary Pinkel and a couple Mizzou assistants were there recruiting NU O-lineman commit Dan Hoch. I guess he went up to him and asked if he was Gary Pinkel and asked what he was doing there and he said he was talking to Hoch. I guess he also talked to Hoch's younger brother who is a 10th grader. Anybody know if we're going after the older Hoch now with Nebraska's coaching change? I'd think it would be a long shot based on what some people have said but if Pinkel is up there in this crap on a Tuesday night you'd think maybe he was reconsidering! Go get 'em Chizik :yes:

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Hoch just took a visit to Iowa - not sure if it was official or not. At least I believe it was Hoch. But I do know he's been "shopping around", and has been visiting other schools. It sounds very doubtful he actually goes to Nebraska.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I think Tom Osborne paid him a visit a couple weeks ago to smooth things over as well.

CY15

Dec 11, 2007
Southernhawk, im over here in omaha and the news channels all reported that Hoch was confident after Osbourn visited him, as was Ben Cotton...

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Famous last Husker words. They are always confident. Like they knew they were going to a big bowl game this year, just like the national Champ Hawks.

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
Southernhawk, im over here in omaha and the news channels all reported that Hoch was confident after Osbourn visited him, as was Ben Cotton...

That was the last I heard, but I would think he's at least entertaining the thought of going elsewhere if Pinkel is going up there in the middle of an ice storm to see him. My brother said he got into a new Ford 500 with Missouri plates too, so he must have drove all the way up with his two assistants to see him. Then again, I do recall Pinkel doing some boneheaded things over the years so who knows :confused: