Have you ever had a paranormal experience?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Also it's either a fisher or red fox but I've woken up to this sound a few times when camping. Kind of an interesting feeling while you're lying in your tent. Speaking of that it's funny how many little sounds are magnified in that situation. Even a deer sneezing and hoofing at the ground is weird.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Ghosts, UFOs, cryptoids? I’ve seen some weird **** and I’m always curious what others Have experienced. What’s your story?

Yes. Ghost. A couple of times. Very creepy to even think about it.

there was this hitchhiker we picked up who was looking to play ball in towns around the midwest. his name was Archie Graham. Wait, that was a movie I saw once. Never mind.

Last edited:

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I think a lot of this stuff is stupid but I do have a story.

The Christmas when I was 12, there were 5 little kids in our family including 2 babies that wouldn’t sleep. We are unwrapping our presents in pajamas and my parents were trying to stay awake.

At around 8:00 am someone drives into our driveway. It’s the 20 something son of a person that did some repair work for them before they had moved 10 years previously. Us kids obviously had no clue who he was. My mom recognized the name but had never seen him and my dad really didn’t know him. This is someone who had no reason to know where we lived out in the country and about 40 minutes from where he and his parents lived.

He told my dad he was driving around and decided to stop by. ON CHRISTMAS MORNING WITH PEOPLE WHO WHO ESSENTIALLY STRANGERS. He stayed for breakfast and helped put together some of our toys. He left after several hours when my mom said that his mom would probably be looking for him for Christmas dinner. He said he guessed she would be and eventually left.

Obviously as a kid, I didn’t know what had happened but I knew it was weird that some guy stopped by and I remember my parents being annoyed at first. Today my mom tells the story and explains how annoyed she was when she had to rush around making breakfast for someone she didn’t know after not sleeping with infants and 3 kids hyped up on Christmas. But she said she soon thought of Jesus and how he tells us to welcome people. And she figured she better adjust her attitude and welcome this guy. And to this day, both my parents think we were visited by a spirit or Jesus or something that morning. And that he was sent there. And honestly, there isn’t a better explanation.

And none of us have seen him again.

Or maybe he was a serial killer that changed his mind? :eek:

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1 and dosry5

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I think a lot of this stuff is stupid but I do have a story.

The Christmas when I was 12, there were 5 little kids in our family including 2 babies that wouldn’t sleep. We are unwrapping our presents in pajamas and my parents were trying to stay awake.

At around 8:00 am someone drives into our driveway. It’s the 20 something son of a person that did some repair work for them before they had moved 10 years previously. Us kids obviously had no clue who he was. My mom recognized the name but had never seen him and my dad really didn’t know him. This is someone who had no reason to know where we lived out in the country and about 40 minutes from where he and his parents lived.

He told my dad he was driving around and decided to stop by. ON CHRISTMAS MORNING WITH PEOPLE WHO WHO ESSENTIALLY STRANGERS. He stayed for breakfast and helped put together some of our toys. He left after several hours when my mom said that his mom would probably be looking for him for Christmas dinner. He said he guessed she would be and eventually left.

Obviously as a kid, I didn’t know what had happened but I knew it was weird that some guy stopped by and I remember my parents being annoyed at first. Today my mom tells the story and explains how annoyed she was when she had to rush around making breakfast for someone she didn’t know after not sleeping with infants and 3 kids hyped up on Christmas. But she said she soon thought of Jesus and how he tells us to welcome people. And she figured she better adjust her attitude and welcome this guy. And to this day, both my parents think we were visited by a spirit or Jesus or something that morning. And that he was sent there. And honestly, there isn’t a better explanation.

And none of us have seen him again.
This reminds me of that Growing Pains episode where Ben brings home a stranger/homeless person for Xmas.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I have a couple I may have shared before. I'll break them up into a few posts.

We lost our infant son 11 years ago while my daughter was nearly two. We were planning on moving her to the bigger bedroom and then making her room my son's room. After everything happened, we ended up leaving her where she was.

Roughly a year later, I was reading my daughter a story to put her to bed. She was drifting off to sleep when her eyes suddenly fluttered open. She looked past me to the doorway and started smiling and waving really animatedly.

I assume my wife was standing there, but when I turned around, I saw nothing. I turned back to my daughter and asked who she was waving to. She very calmly said she was waving to "the boy that looks like you. He likes to listen to you read."

I remember not exhaling for a while. Then, I asked her what he was wearing. She described a red shirt with a dinosaur on it. We had purchased that exact shirt for him, but had never taken his clothes out of the box of clothes. My daughter had never seen it.

Since that time, all three of us have seen him at various times; every time in a doorway and always wearing a red shirt. I've always been completely skeptical about the paranormal, grasping at any possible alternative solution, but I can't bring myself to explain this one away.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I grew up on an acreage and in the past, a one room school house was on the property. It was torn down/buried in our open area. I remember you could see one old board that likely wiggled up over time to the surface.

Anyway, my mother and sister both recall seeing a woman walking on our property in a white, flowing dress....it was always from a far, I remember my dad would tease them, but they both were serious they saw it. One time I was in our basement and we had those small windows at the surface level and I remember looking out and seeing a white dress walk by when I was probably 6-7 years old. I thought it was my mom (but she wouldn't wear that on the acreage, lol). My sister and mom used that as a "see, we told you" type of deal. They always maintained they saw that image and then tagged on my story to justify.

Fast forward a few years, we were getting ready to move to town. I found out about this after we moved, but my dad was outside working and a random car stopped by and said their family member (great aunt maybe?) had been a teacher at the one room school house back in the day and wanted to see the property. My dad made small talk and showed them where it would have been (and that small board remnant). To his surprise, they then said she'd died during that time and was BURIED BY THE SCHOOL!

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
My other story is more recent and also tied to my son.

My sister is big into believing that spirits communicate through her. She's incredibly successful and intelligent and I love her, but I've always assumed she was just using it as her way to try to connect to people. She'd say that my son would talk to her and wanted to tell me this or that. Whatever, right? I would humor her and let it be.

This summer, my oldest brother (also my godfather) had an incident where he collapsed while out alone for a walk. He was put in an induced coma, but nobody was sure how long he'd been out. The implications of brain damage were very real. That was a Friday morning. They brought him out of the coma Saturday, but he still had not been able to communicate.

During a call with my sis that night, she tells me that she told my son to go to his uncle and take care of him. I was pretty annoyed since I was really stressing and worrying about our brother and I didn't want to hear her nonsense. I wanted to be mad at something.

Sunday, which happened to be my birthday, we get a Facebook Messenger note from my brother's wife that says he's awake and wanted to make sure he wished me a Happy Birthday. Two days of a terrible emotional rollercoaster. Tears flowed.

Over the next few days, he would call all of his siblings so we could talk to him. His call with me was great, joking around like nothing happened. After a few minutes, he gets really quiet and says (paraphrasing) "I've gone back and forth on if I want to tell you this, because I feel crazy saying it. I know <our sister> is the one that normally talks about this kind of thing, and I've more or less always thought that it was a bunch of BS, but while I was in my coma, I remember a little boy putting his hand on my shoulder and saying 'It's not your time yet Uncle <Paul>, you need to go back.' I didn't recognize him, but I'm not sure who else it could be that would call me that."

I never told him about my call with our sister, but he said he hadn't talked to her about it and probably wouldn't. He's the oldest and has always been the level-headed voice of practicality and reason and more skeptical than any of us. I think he wants to keep that persona with the rest of the family.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
would like to share a story about mrs coach hines

she was doing some work around a scene of an accident where a car had driven through a building and killed a couple of people and injured a few others.

she had set a camera down with it on/recording and went back to the vehicle quick. she ended up sending me a clip and asked me what I heard. plain as day, you can hear "i miss you" on this recording. I asked what that was from and she told me her camera had picked up the recording while it was laying idle with no one around as she walked back to her vehicle. thought it was one of the craziest things ive heard.

me personally, have had some weird things such as lights/smoke alarms going off in middle of the night. i lost my dad who was a jokester, always attributed that stuff to him.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I have a couple I may have shared before. I'll break them up into a few posts.

We lost our infant son 11 years ago while my daughter was nearly two. We were planning on moving her to the bigger bedroom and then making her room my son's room. After everything happened, we ended up leaving her where she was.

Roughly a year later, I was reading my daughter a story to put her to bed. She was drifting off to sleep when her eyes suddenly fluttered open. She looked past me to the doorway and started smiling and waving really animatedly.

I assume my wife was standing there, but when I turned around, I saw nothing. I turned back to my daughter and asked who she was waving to. She very calmly said she was waving to "the boy that looks like you. He likes to listen to you read."

I remember not exhaling for a while. Then, I asked her what he was wearing. She described a red shirt with a dinosaur on it. We had purchased that exact shirt for him, but had never taken his clothes out of the box of clothes. My daughter had never seen it.

Since that time, all three of us have seen him at various times; every time in a doorway and always wearing a red shirt. I've always been completely skeptical about the paranormal, grasping at any possible alternative solution, but I can't bring myself to explain this one away.

chills! sorry to you and the fam. hopefully the times you see him brings joy!

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
would like to share a story about mrs coach hines

she was doing some work around a scene of an accident where a car had driven through a building and killed a couple of people and injured a few others.

she had set a camera down with it on/recording and went back to the vehicle quick. she ended up sending me a clip and asked me what I heard. plain as day, you can hear "i miss you" on this recording. I asked what that was from and she told me her camera had picked up the recording while it was laying idle with no one around as she walked back to her vehicle. thought it was one of the craziest things ive heard.

me personally, have had some weird things such as lights/smoke alarms going off in middle of the night. i lost my dad who was a jokester, always attributed that stuff to him.

My smoke alarm and sump pump alarms have gone off at night too

I always attribute it to a low battery

• Haha
Reactions: CycloneCJ

Sighclone Fan

Jan 19, 2008
Right after college I lived with 5 guys in a big old house. One night during the weekend, I woke up suddenly and had this suspicious feeling that someone was in my closet. I got up to check and when I opened the closet door I found this girl standing in there facing the wall. It was a tiny closet, big enough for one person to stand there. I screamed and she turned around and started crying hysterically, unsure of where she was. She was staying the night with my roommate (a hookup) and was most likely sleep walking, but it still scared the **** out of me. The weird part to me was that she closed my bedroom and closet door behind her. I wonder how long she had been in there and how long she would have stayed had I not gotten up.

• Haha
Reactions: Dopey

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Yes. UFO multiple times, one time was really haunting though. It was just such an unnatural feeling I got from the sound the craft made. Never forget that gutteral moaning noise. It shimmered as it flew over our heads. Maybe 300 yards across. It was hard to tell how large because it was in my best explanation cloaked in darkness. I wasn't alone, I was still pretty young but old enough to know it wasn't our minds playing tricks. Yes, I realize it sounds crazy but as I said before I wasn't the only witness.

Reactions: HFCS

cyclones7

May 17, 2010
I have quite a few but the best one: I am a Realtor and was taking pictures of a house in Beaverdale for a bank. It was a bungalow home with 2 bedrooms on each side of a bathroom. During the day, very hot with no air. I walked in the first bedroom and the temp just dropped, could see my breath. I walked out a little disturbed by it. As soon as I walked out the light turned on. I shut it off. Walked past the bathroom, that light turned on. Walked into the 2nd bedroom and then out and that light turned on. Something was definitely messing with me. So I decided to provoke a little but. Telling it I wasnt afraid and to leave me alone, etc. I walked into the kitchen to take my photo I heard a big crash behind me but the house was empty so nothing could have made that noise. As I was turning a must have taken another picture. As I turned another noise behind me in the kitchen. I looked down and the air freshener had been thrown at me. That prompted me to leave. When I got back to my office I downloaded the pictures. The picture of the kitchen I didn't know I took captured something. By the counter was a big white mist and you could see the air freshener about a foot over the counter being picked up to be thrown at me. Called the bank and they told me they had to replace that air freshener 5 times because of them being shattered on the ground.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
My other story is more recent and also tied to my son.

My sister is big into believing that spirits communicate through her. She's incredibly successful and intelligent and I love her, but I've always assumed she was just using it as her way to try to connect to people. She'd say that my son would talk to her and wanted to tell me this or that. Whatever, right? I would humor her and let it be.

This summer, my oldest brother (also my godfather) had an incident where he collapsed while out alone for a walk. He was put in an induced coma, but nobody was sure how long he'd been out. The implications of brain damage were very real. That was a Friday morning. They brought him out of the coma Saturday, but he still had not been able to communicate.

During a call with my sis that night, she tells me that she told my son to go to his uncle and take care of him. I was pretty annoyed since I was really stressing and worrying about our brother and I didn't want to hear her nonsense. I wanted to be mad at something.

Sunday, which happened to be my birthday, we get a Facebook Messenger note from my brother's wife that says he's awake and wanted to make sure he wished me a Happy Birthday. Two days of a terrible emotional rollercoaster. Tears flowed.

Over the next few days, he would call all of his siblings so we could talk to him. His call with me was great, joking around like nothing happened. After a few minutes, he gets really quiet and says (paraphrasing) "I've gone back and forth on if I want to tell you this, because I feel crazy saying it. I know <our sister> is the one that normally talks about this kind of thing, and I've more or less always thought that it was a bunch of BS, but while I was in my coma, I remember a little boy putting his hand on my shoulder and saying 'It's not your time yet Uncle <Paul>, you need to go back.' I didn't recognize him, but I'm not sure who else it could be that would call me that."

I never told him about my call with our sister, but he said he hadn't talked to her about it and probably wouldn't. He's the oldest and has always been the level-headed voice of practicality and reason and more skeptical than any of us. I think he wants to keep that persona with the rest of the family.

Your stories are making me tear up, man. Incredible stuff. I'm not sure what I believe in reference to higher powers sometimes, but there's more to us than just living & dying.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
I have quite a few but the best one: I am a Realtor and was taking pictures of a house in Beaverdale for a bank. It was a bungalow home with 2 bedrooms on each side of a bathroom. During the day, very hot with no air. I walked in the first bedroom and the temp just dropped, could see my breath. I walked out a little disturbed by it. As soon as I walked out the light turned on. I shut it off. Walked past the bathroom, that light turned on. Walked into the 2nd bedroom and then out and that light turned on. Something was definitely messing with me. So I decided to provoke a little but. Telling it I wasnt afraid and to leave me alone, etc. I walked into the kitchen to take my photo I heard a big crash behind me but the house was empty so nothing could have made that noise. As I was turning a must have taken another picture. As I turned another noise behind me in the kitchen. I looked down and the air freshener had been thrown at me. That prompted me to leave. When I got back to my office I downloaded the pictures. The picture of the kitchen I didn't know I took captured something. By the counter was a big white mist and you could see the air freshener about a foot over the counter being picked up to be thrown at me. Called the bank and they told me they had to replace that air freshener 5 times because of them being shattered on the ground.
And you won't share the picture?

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
A former priest in Ames told me a story about a house in Boone that someone he knew had bought. They kept calling him to come over and bless the house. The people were having someone come in and remodel it. The workers said one day that they would not go into the house due to noises and lights going off and on. The priest went over and sprinkled holy water around the the outside and inside. He was in the basement and started to hear some unexplained noises and the lights flickered. He looked over and saw this small black cloud hovering in front of him and he went about his business of sprinkling the holy water around and he said went back up the step and the cloud just vanished. No issues after that.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron