Have you ever had a paranormal experience?

Ace000087

Jun 10, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
www.f35.com
I have a few good ones I've experienced...

I was probably around 8 years old at my old house in Dubuque. Not downtown, but older neighborhood built in the 1960s/70s split foyer style. I had a waterbed in my upstairs bedroom. Interesting thing about waterbeds is that any movement causes the entire bed to wave. I was sound asleep and was awoken by something that had set down at the end of the bed, causing it to ripple and move around between the sides. The odd part is the ripples seemed to stop near my feet. Opening my eyes I saw a faint figure of my great grandmother who disappeared after just a few seconds. I woke up the next morning and my parents told me that she had passed away in the evening hours at the local elderly community.

On a family camping trip/vacation in Wyoming, near Medicine Bow. I was 14 years old. Most of the family was sleeping our tents and my uncle's family in their RV. I decided to spend the nights in the back of our minivan back seat as it was more comfortable than being crammed in the 4 person tent. One early morning at around 4am I was awoken by some bright lights in the distance. Looking through the van window... It was 3 lights in a row. At first I thought it was an aircraft... no sound at all. As it came closer I opened the window to see if I could hear anything. Nothing. My uncle just so happened to also be outside taking a piss... he didn't know what it was either. It flew off moving South very quickly.

Finally... I was at a friends place here in Texas a few years ago west of Fort Worth... I saw a triangle formation of moving lights in the night sky directly above me out in their back yard. As I watched it... it began to move erratically and the 3 lights moved away from each other quickly, like a burst. The odd thing is they all came back into its original triangle formation a few moments later and sped off to the horizon in the same triangle formation.

I still to this day can't rationally explain any of those.

Reactions: madguy30 and Peter

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Yes. I have seen what I believe to be a ghost when I was in my teens when I lived at my parents. My wife and I have both seen and had experiences in our current home. I also believe I seen a UFO when I was a young child.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
A former priest in Ames told me a story about a house in Boone that someone he knew had bought. They kept calling him to come over and bless the house. The people were having someone come in and remodel it. The workers said one day that they would not go into the house due to noises and lights going off and on. The priest went over and sprinkled holy water around the the outside and inside. He was in the basement and started to hear some unexplained noises and the lights flickered. He looked over and saw this small black cloud hovering in front of him and he went about his business of sprinkling the holy water around and he said went back up the step and the cloud just vanished. No issues after that.
former priest?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think a lot of this stuff is stupid but I do have a story.

The Christmas when I was 12, there were 5 little kids in our family including 2 babies that wouldn’t sleep. We are unwrapping our presents in pajamas and my parents were trying to stay awake.

At around 8:00 am someone drives into our driveway. It’s the 20 something son of a person that did some repair work for them before they had moved 10 years previously. Us kids obviously had no clue who he was. My mom recognized the name but had never seen him and my dad really didn’t know him. This is someone who had no reason to know where we lived out in the country and about 40 minutes from where he and his parents lived.

He told my dad he was driving around and decided to stop by. ON CHRISTMAS MORNING WITH PEOPLE WHO WHO ESSENTIALLY STRANGERS. He stayed for breakfast and helped put together some of our toys. He left after several hours when my mom said that his mom would probably be looking for him for Christmas dinner. He said he guessed she would be and eventually left.

Obviously as a kid, I didn’t know what had happened but I knew it was weird that some guy stopped by and I remember my parents being annoyed at first. Today my mom tells the story and explains how annoyed she was when she had to rush around making breakfast for someone she didn’t know after not sleeping with infants and 3 kids hyped up on Christmas. But she said she soon thought of Jesus and how he tells us to welcome people. And she figured she better adjust her attitude and welcome this guy. And to this day, both my parents think we were visited by a spirit or Jesus or something that morning. And that he was sent there. And honestly, there isn’t a better explanation.

And none of us have seen him again.

Obligatory.
1603399121439.png

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
former priest?

The priest that performed the ceremony for Mrs. Cooler and I is no longer a priest. Our vows outlasted his.

Publicly, we claim that he marveled at how awesome we were, that he decided to forego religion to try to obtain what we had.

Privately, it's an ongoing joke between us: You're so difficult, you made a priest give up.

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I have a couple I may have shared before. I'll break them up into a few posts.

We lost our infant son 11 years ago while my daughter was nearly two. We were planning on moving her to the bigger bedroom and then making her room my son's room. After everything happened, we ended up leaving her where she was.

Roughly a year later, I was reading my daughter a story to put her to bed. She was drifting off to sleep when her eyes suddenly fluttered open. She looked past me to the doorway and started smiling and waving really animatedly.

I assume my wife was standing there, but when I turned around, I saw nothing. I turned back to my daughter and asked who she was waving to. She very calmly said she was waving to "the boy that looks like you. He likes to listen to you read."

I remember not exhaling for a while. Then, I asked her what he was wearing. She described a red shirt with a dinosaur on it. We had purchased that exact shirt for him, but had never taken his clothes out of the box of clothes. My daughter had never seen it.

Since that time, all three of us have seen him at various times; every time in a doorway and always wearing a red shirt. I've always been completely skeptical about the paranormal, grasping at any possible alternative solution, but I can't bring myself to explain this one away.

some onions in here it seems.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I have quite a few but the best one: I am a Realtor and was taking pictures of a house in Beaverdale for a bank. It was a bungalow home with 2 bedrooms on each side of a bathroom. During the day, very hot with no air. I walked in the first bedroom and the temp just dropped, could see my breath. I walked out a little disturbed by it. As soon as I walked out the light turned on. I shut it off. Walked past the bathroom, that light turned on. Walked into the 2nd bedroom and then out and that light turned on. Something was definitely messing with me. So I decided to provoke a little but. Telling it I wasnt afraid and to leave me alone, etc. I walked into the kitchen to take my photo I heard a big crash behind me but the house was empty so nothing could have made that noise. As I was turning a must have taken another picture. As I turned another noise behind me in the kitchen. I looked down and the air freshener had been thrown at me. That prompted me to leave. When I got back to my office I downloaded the pictures. The picture of the kitchen I didn't know I took captured something. By the counter was a big white mist and you could see the air freshener about a foot over the counter being picked up to be thrown at me. Called the bank and they told me they had to replace that air freshener 5 times because of them being shattered on the ground.
It obviously hated air fresheners......did you sell the house?

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I wasn't there, so my older sister can tell the story better than me, but here goes.

Circa maybe 2002.. she's with a bunch of middle and high school students on a church youth group trip to western south dakota. They stop at Mt Rushmore but most of the time they're riding an old school bus around from small town to small town. Complete BFE.

Anyway, they're travelling down an old gravel road-- no towns for MILES. (This is beginning to sound like a horror film). The bus breaks down. This is before anybody carries a cell phone so everybody is pretty restless and worried. I don't know what conversations take place but they wait for maybe 5 minutes tops before A TOW TRUCK DRIVES BY.

Of course they attribute the happening to being a religious miracle. I don't know what else to call it.

I know it sounds fake, but she's not one to embellish a story.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
2 that I can recall, neither overly exciting.

The first when I was in high school, year was probably 2001 or 2002. We lived in the country, and every morning before school I would walk our dog on the gravel road near our house. When my dog was doing their business, I looked up in the sky and saw something in the sky about a mile high with red and green lights, just kind of hovering in place. Then all of a sudden it flew away out of sight. This was before drones were really available to the public; the rational explanation would be that it was some type of drone, but it was very strange.

The other was in an apartment my wife and I rented after we got married. She would swear that place was haunted, and I just kind of brushed it off. One night I was there alone watching TV in one of the bedrooms; in the corner of my eye I saw someone walking in the hallway. As soon as I turned to look, nothing was there. Spent the next couple hours very freaked out.

Reactions: Peter

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Old farm house on a farm we own, my great grandpa bought it and actually built the house and my grandma and mom were both born in it, a couple times I was working ground for dad back in the late 80s and I saw a white image at night moving around the upstairs main bedroom. It moved from one window to another, nobody else in the field around so it wasn’t headlights. I got nervous walking to the pickup and started yelling who my parents and grandparents were hoping that it was a relative and leave me alone then.

Maybe @cmjh10 can check it out now.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Every story that talks about seeing something while out at the farm gives me chills. I loved growing up how I did, but there's something about being all alone on a farm at night. It's great for a nice peaceful evening, but once something freaks you out, you're in for a long night.

cyclones7

May 17, 2010
And you won't share the picture?

After I wrote it I knew someone would ask so I tried to find it before I had to go to more appointments. Couldn't find it, it has been over 10 years. I am going to have my assistant try to find it. If she can I will upload it, sorry.

cyclones7

May 17, 2010
It obviously hated air fresheners......did you sell the house?

We sold the house the first day. In Iowa we don't have to disclose paranormal activity. I did tell the selling agent, his buyers didn't care. They probably thought I was crazy. Never heard anything more..

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Yes. Was probably 8ish years ago. Went outside late at night to let the dog out and looked up above a tree line and saw the brightest white light I’ve ever seen. Only saw it for like a split second or so, but it just took off. It didn’t disappear, it literally like took off into space. It was the strangest damn thing I’ve ever seen. Haven’t experienced anything other than that. I definitely believe there’s a possibility something else is out there. Our universe is too big.

One quote I like is
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

• Agree

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
This summer I went jogging a lot on a nature trail every night because I couldn’t go to the gym because, you know, corona. One day, while just minding my own business, I suddenly hear laughter in the woods. Now, I wear noise cancelling headphones, so in order to hear someone, they've got to be right by me. So I move over thinking someone is coming up behind me and then look and no one is there. No one is anywhere. It's just me on the trail. By myself. So I take my headphones off and I hear the laughter again, but like it's a distance away. Creepy, but whatever.

The next day, as I'm headed down the street toward the entrance path to the trail, there's a kid in like his early twenties coming toward me. I turn down the path and he follows, probably 50-60 feet behind me. He's easy to see, wearing a white tshirt and khaki shorts. About two minutes in, I look behind me to see if he's getting closer and he's just gone. I think "No big deal, he probably just realized he didn't want to go on the path and turned around."

So on the path, you can stay on the main gravel path that follows the creek, or there's a small side trail that goes through the woods. I turn onto that side trail because 1. It's hilly and a challenge to jog through, and 2. I don't ever see people on it because it's a tiny dirt trail. So I'm jogging, minding my own business, listening to a podcast or some **** and I look up and suddenly this kid is just standing there, in a small clearing ahead of me next to the path. There's NO WAY he could have gotten ahead of me unless he cut through the woods and through the creek. But his white shirt is perfectly clean. And he's just standing there, staring at me and not moving. Creepy as hell. I'm totally weirded out. But like, he's kind of a little guy and I'm a pretty big guy, so I'm not worried, but more confused as hell on how he got there. Anyway, I just run past him.

Then, further ahead about 20 minutes later, I started walking. I'm kind of just checking things out and there's like, four owls in the trees above me that are kind of following me, so I'm just staring up and watching them. They keep flying ahead, landing in a tree and watching me as I catch up, then fly ahead again. I'm just minding my own business and they fly down the hill toward the creek about 30 feet from the path and I look down AND THIS KID IS STANDING THERE, NEXT TO THE CREEK STARING AT ME AGAIN. How the hell did he get ahead of me again?! At this point there's only one branch of the trail! And he's totally clean still! Not dirty, not sweating (it's like, 90 degrees outside!) and he's just staring at me!

So I'm freaked the **** out. I don't know what to do, so naturally, I stop, take off my headphones, do a sarcastic wave and say, "HI!" And he kind of stares at me for a second, cocks his head and raises his arm, but in a weird way, almost like he's never raised his arm before. Like, he's rotating it up like a robot, then rotates it back down, all while just starting at me blankly. And I realize, that was almost the EXACT same spot I heard the laughing the night before. I got the hell out of there.

About a week later I’m jogging again and I see this, right where I first saw the owls.
EAE59ABF-8339-460E-A0B2-C9FEAFBF5263.jpeg

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
In college, I kept a page of paper in the wide desk drawer we had in dorm rooms. I had notes on this paper that I referenced for a computer game I played daily, so this paper was always on top of anything else in that drawer. One day I sat down to play. When I opened the drawer, that paper was no where in sight. I shuffled things around in the drawer looking for it, but it wasn't there. I ended up taking everything out of that drawer and setting things onto my desk, with one pile of items I could throw away. The desk drawer was now completely empty and pulled as far out as it would go. I hadn't found the paper. As I was sitting in front of that drawer, I picked up the pile to throw away into the trash basket sitting at the side of my desk. I had to lean over to reach far enough to drop the trash in, causing me to no longer have the desk drawer in my eyesight. I straightened back up and sitting right in front of me in the middle of that empty drawer was the page of paper. I don't know if there was a ghost messing with me (I didn't see anything else besides the paper was gone one second and back the next), or if God was telling me to clean out my desk.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron