~Heads-up Latest Weather Map~

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Looks like it could be doing quite a bit of raining over the next several days. Here is an interesting thought. What does game 1 look like if it is pouring rain? Would we have the advantage?

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
omG!

I was in Okoboji this last weekend and it rained 6.5 inches at the house (SE side of West Okoboji). Saturday afternoon and Sunday were okay... but they do NOT need anymore rain for about two weeks, let alone what is passing through there now.

-keep

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
10 bucks it fizzles out before it gets to Bondurant. I would kill for 1 inch of rain and Northern Iowa has gotten like 50 inches the last couple days.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Have family up in Mason City that said it was raining so hard up there that manhole covers were popping off. Up in Rochester, MN a huge part of road washed out and an elderly couple was killed when they drove into it. A paper delivery guy went in also but didn't get hurt. Not a good situation up there....:sad:

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
omG!

I was in Okoboji this last weekend and it rained 6.5 inches at the house (SE side of West Okoboji). Saturday afternoon and Sunday were okay... but they do NOT need anymore rain for about two weeks, let alone what is passing through there now.

-keep

I was there this weekend too! Were you in town for the softball tourney? It did rain a bunch this weekend there while in Des Moines I heard they hardly got a drop. We stayed at this new condo rental place and the low spot in the parking lot was a pond Saturday morning. Had to been a few cars with water in them I bet.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Of course it is going to rain, I watered my grass this morning.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I was in Okaboji Saturday night. Team Checker had a bike ride that ended up there. We got lucky and missed the rain the whole day. Was a great ride till the heat and humidity hit. Then it turned into an oven up there.

Also.... Why does the barefoot have to close so early up there. I hate going to the other bars in town.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I was in Okaboji Saturday night. Team Checker had a bike ride that ended up there. We got lucky and missed the rain the whole day. Was a great ride till the heat and humidity hit. Then it turned into an oven up there.

Also.... Why does the barefoot have to close so early up there. I hate going to the other bars in town.

That Saturday night when the U of Okoboji men's softball tournament is going on the cops are out thick and the bars are not always the best place to be. No one got arrested this year but the 2 years before that we had someone get arrested which is why I usually pass on the bars that night and stay in and drink. Last year our guy was pretty much in the wrong place at the wrong time and somehow got thrown into a mix of guys that the cops had come to break up a fight and apparently the bartender said he had tried to kick this guy out and he was refusing to leave. But the funny thing is he wasn't the guy they had asked to leave and he wound up getting hauled off anyways because he was obviously drunk.

I bet we saw at least 4 cop cars on the way back from the bars Friday night and we probably stayed 2-3 minutes away from The Ritz and Beagle bars so they were out thick this weekend.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
That Saturday night when the U of Okoboji men's softball tournament is going on the cops are out thick and the bars are not always the best place to be. No one got arrested this year but the 2 years before that we had someone get arrested which is why I usually pass on the bars that night and stay in and drink. Last year our guy was pretty much in the wrong place at the wrong time and somehow got thrown into a mix of guys that the cops had come to break up a fight and apparently the bartender said he had tried to kick this guy out and he was refusing to leave. But the funny thing is he wasn't the guy they had asked to leave and he wound up getting hauled off anyways because he was obviously drunk.

I bet we saw at least 4 cop cars on the way back from the bars Friday night and we probably stayed 2-3 minutes away from The Ritz and Beagle bars so they were out thick this weekend.

I was up there earlier this summer and MAN ARE THE COPS THICK! They don't mess around up there. My band played The Gardens (formerly Whiskey Dicks) and we loaded up our gear afterwards and walked the 2+ miles back to the hotel. On the walk we were stopped by the fuzz!

Help Support Us

Become a patron