HN now offering premium membership for Troll Free Board

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
I don't like pay forums and hope not to see that here.

I've seen some forums where you can pay for an ad-free experience. If you want no ads, you pay a (usually) small monthly fee; if you don't want to pay, you get ads. Everybody gets the same content, though. This would allow them to prevent users from using ad-blockers, as well. I think this would be a good model for CF.

HogueNation

Nov 15, 2016
Pay sites are the best. Rivals premium site is great. Lots more inside information shared there between posters. You always have that idiot on free sites always being that guy to shout others down, or berate inside info guys to where they just don't share any info any longer.

9/10 times that "Breaking News" or "Insider Information" has been shared somewhere on Twitter long before your $4 premimum membership will get it to ya.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Is that from a Circus Performers Forum? Lots of talk abut clowns. I want to click on it just to see how many clowns the NFL has drafted (hard to run routes with those giant shoes), what are the clowns struggling at (I'll assume juggling, since pie throwing and flower squirting is pretty easy), or who they are getting help from (trapeze artists? Strongman? Elephants?).

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
9/10 times that "Breaking News" or "Insider Information" has been shared somewhere on Twitter long before your $4 premimum membership will get it to ya.

I'm not really talking about "breaking news" per say.

For instance a poster was good friends of a dad of a Florida recruit. He gave all sort of recruiting tidbits and information on this kid, how he felt when he got an Iowa offer, what he thought and the process, etc. He didn't share it on the free board.

Plus just a lot more intelligent conversation by people overall. At least at Rivals anyway.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Their forums are pretty dead but a few analytical sites I've checked still show them hovering around 350k hits a month. That's still pretty quality advertising $.

As their former sales director knows, their statistics and demographics are solid. Like any site it has its bad members.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Did Jon even consider this poor bastard? C'mon Jon... Look at this guy... you think he can afford your pay board?

ZYBzAbI.gif

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
"Tired of getting your feelings hurt by trolls like Collin Cowherd? Come to a place where all the sheep, er posters are just as convinced of the Hawkeyes national superiority as you are! For the low low price of $3.99 you too can be a member of the Hawkeye Nation Premium Sight! With your commitment you'll no longer hear about Kirk Ferentz and his mediocre record against those lowly CyClowns. Fran McCaffrey will be praised as the tough as nails coach who has built his team the only way he knows how; THE RIGHT WAY!
Join now and get a Hawkeyes On My Belly commemorative pre-cut sleeveless t-shirt. The first 25 new members will also receive a 1985 Rose Bowl T-Shirt from a box in my garage!

Let's make Hawkeye Nation great again!"

- Jon Miller

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
How can a guy 1000 miles away from Iowa City have much breaking news or inside info?

• Winner
Reactions: 67CY

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
"Tired of getting your feelings hurt by trolls like Collin Cowherd? Come to a place where all the sheep, er posters are just as convinced of the Hawkeyes national superiority as you are! For the low low price of $3.99 you too can be a member of the Hawkeye Nation Premium Sight! With your commitment you'll no longer hear about Kirk Ferentz and his mediocre record against those lowly CyClowns. Fran McCaffrey will be praised as the tough as nails coach who has built his team the only way he knows how; THE RIGHT WAY!
Join now and get a Hawkeyes On My Belly commemorative pre-cut sleeveless t-shirt. The first 25 new members will also receive a 1985 Rose Bowl T-Shirt from a box in my garage!

Let's make Hawkeye Nation great again!"

- Jon Miller
Not a "Bringing the Boom" shirt? Do not want.

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
I didn't read his write up closely but don't people over there know that if you want to get rid of trolls you can just ignore certain users?

There you go hawks, no more running to the streets to collect cans to fund your HN subscription.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I didn't read his write up closely but don't people over there know that if you want to get rid of trolls you can just ignore certain users?

There you go hawks, no more running to the streets to collect cans to fund your HN subscription.

Those were my retirement cans!

Help Support Us

Become a patron