Help: Homepage loading as text only, but forum is fine

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I cleared my cache on one machine (not this one).

Now it is letting me log in on the "cleared" machine, but then, even while showing my profile page in the browser, the bar on the top still wants a "log-in" or "register."

Odd.

This one is still showing the 1996 usenet homepage, but I am cautious to refresh the cache on this one ere I lose the ability to work on my account at all.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I cleared my cache on one machine (not this one).

Now it is letting me log in on the "cleared" machine, but then, even while showing my profile page in the browser, the bar on the top still wants a "log-in" or "register."

Odd.

This one is still showing the 1996 usenet homepage, but I am cautious to refresh the cache on this one ere I lose the ability to work on my account at all.

I guess I am confused ... why can't you just log back in on the machine that is asking for it? Then everything will be fine.

farcyted

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
cleared my cache (chrome) yesterday and it didn't help me. Only thing that will show normally is the forum page.

Reactions: SC Cy

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I guess I am confused ... why can't you just log back in on the machine that is asking for it? Then everything will be fine.

I know. I am confused, too. Here are some graphical aids.

I am posting this from the "good" machine, but the screen captures are from the one that is being a little troublesome at the moment.

I load up CF, and go to my profile page, which shows both this...

PirahQ6.png

Yet also this at the same time...

mKPq9Gr.png

So I go and do the normal sort of log-in thing...

cNR3gmJ.png

And end up back here, with it confusingly showing me logged in yet not...

KJHXFgX.png

That is about where I got stuck and switched computers. Granted, not missing much of anything given I have two machines and a phone, but I still wonder what is up.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
IMG_8988.PNG

The main page loads fine for me on desktop machines, but on all browsers on my iPhone 5s it's still busted - though the forums load fine on both mobile and desktop. I have cleared all cache and history on the mobile browsers, but no dice.

Any ideas?

Reactions: SC Cy

HogueNation

Nov 15, 2016
Who are the developers and host for this site? Seems to be a tremendous amount of problems when viewing on mobile lately.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I know. I am confused, too. Here are some graphical aids.

I am posting this from the "good" machine, but the screen captures are from the one that is being a little troublesome at the moment.

I load up CF, and go to my profile page, which shows both this...

PirahQ6.png

Yet also this at the same time...

mKPq9Gr.png

So I go and do the normal sort of log-in thing...

cNR3gmJ.png

And end up back here, with it confusingly showing me logged in yet not...

KJHXFgX.png

That is about where I got stuck and switched computers. Granted, not missing much of anything given I have two machines and a phone, but I still wonder what is up.

I'm ha ing the same problem as well. Will not let me load back in and can't recover password. Only able to get on through mobile.

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
I'll stop attempting to read articles from CF because of the format errors (similar to post #25) and the page goes to a virus warning page. This morning the page switched and wanted me to take a survey. Nope.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Good news here if you are having issues: I had a bunch of conference calls last week and we are completely changing the way we do ads on this site. Change should happen this week and all of this crap will get cleared up. Trust me guys, this stuff is just as annoying for me as it is to you. It's why I'm only able to write for the site like once a week now instead of as much as I used to. Just so much technical BS to deal with to keep it free. I'll keep everybody updated on a timeline but I was told the switch would occur this week. Site will load twice as fast with half the amount of ads. Will be a welcomed change.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron