How is UNC not on probation

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
I really wonder why this isn't in the media more. Especially with the result last night. I can tell you, if it was a smaller school, say VCU from a few years back, with the same accusations, the press wouldn't leave it alone and neither would the NCAA. They would need to set an example with them. Because what risk would it have to their empire to give the death penalty to a school like VCU. ESPN and the NCAA would just shakes hands and move on.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Until the media, including guys like Jim Nantz, step up and ask why the NCAA is not acting on this investigation, this will die a slow death.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
giphy.gif

• Agree
Reactions: AmesHawk

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Any sanctions brought onto UNC by the NCAA would instantly get challenged in court.

The NCAA is basically just a shell organization now. After the Penn State example, any institution would likely take the NCAA to court if they tried to dish out any major punishments.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
Just watch.....they've drug it out long enough that everyone associated with it is no longer at UNC, and it wouldn't be fair to punish those who had nothing to do with it, would it? Light slap on the wrist.
To be fair, that's probably how they would handle it if Iowa State was caught doing something like that.
Cbdwt9JhecH8DVR1DMfDM5_uRfJ7s-OB3jvkvH7zT_ZwGbcB-nc0CxC5qYtCdhRe5BA=w300

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Just watch.....they've drug it out long enough that everyone associated with it is no longer at UNC, and it wouldn't be fair to punish those who had nothing to do with it, would it? Light slap on the wrist.

NCAA~2 years after Roy retires: "So you guys know that what happened was bad, right?"
UNC: "Of course! I can't believe Roy did that."
NCAA: "Just make sure it doesn't happen again, mmkay?"
UNC: "No way! Not on our watch. So, ummm, you're not going to vacate any of our wins or titles, right?"
NCAA:
giphy.gif

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron