How should we be expected to not use an ad blocker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
When the site refuses to address a long term, well known, and well documented issue with redirects and downloaders?

QQ4zWFt.jpg

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
When the site refuses to address a long term, well known, and well documented issue with redirects and downloaders?

QQ4zWFt.jpg
just got this issue today. This site is straight garbage on mobile and it is unusable.

CF - mobile is the future, maybe pay attention to it.

• Agree
Reactions: tim_redd

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
just got this issue today. This site is straight garbage on mobile and it is unusable.

CF - mobile is the future, maybe pay attention to it.

Yeah, I agree that the forums are pretty much unusable on mobile (both iOS and android). Not sure how it's so hard to get a forum that actually works on mobile -> most of the other sites I go to have it all working just fine. Maybe the upcoming "premium" / "ad-free" option will fix this (not going to hold my breath as I'm becoming more convinced it's the forum software that's the problem and not the ads).

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
If the choice is no reading CF cuz of redirects or reading CF with ad blocker, I'll have to take the reading CF option.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Yeah it's really annoying. Almost as annoying as multiple threads on the same subject... almost

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
I used to have problems when I would use chrome on my mobile with this site. I switched over to Dolphin Browser with an ad blocker and seems to run pretty smoothly. Haven't had any issues since switching over.

Using Android 6.0.1 on Galaxy S5

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
What happened to the old days of just setting up Google Ad-words? Google kept the garbage out. As you can tell I haven't any website building in over 10 years.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Why should you not use ad blocker? Because you want the site to survive?

Again, all of this is 1000 times as frustrating to me as it is you guys and we take it very seriously. We have invested thousands of dollars in mobile and are currently working out the kinks of a new ad setup.

Your reports are valuable because it shows us what URLs that we need to weed out.

(Note to self: They didn't teach you any of this crap in journalism school.)

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
What they said. The ads keep redirecting me on mobile — to the point that I can't access the site at all.

Signed, Frustrated and needing my fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron