i feel bad for west virginia.....

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
at least they are getting their coal jobs back........

gif-trump-pizza-eating-wrong.gif

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
The ending of that game was just brutal. Dribble out the last :30 without taking a shot?? That air ball didn't count

Reactions: BlondeCy

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Jevan Carter with the biggest ball hogging possession in basketball history. He had Adrian or another guy WIDE open pretty much whenever he wanted.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Iowa State vs. Gonzaga and Cincy last possessions look like the Sistine Chapel compared to that.

Though to be honest, say Carter nails one of those threes, no one says a thing. Part of me gets why WVU sat back and let him do all the work. He had carried them to that point and they were out of timeouts. Still though when you have the experience they do, might want to mix something in besides desperation.

Reactions: heitclone

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Iowa State vs. Gonzaga and Cincy last possessions look like the Sistine Chapel compared to that.

Though to be honest, say Carter nails one of those threes, no one says a thing. Part of me gets why WVU sat back and let him do all the work. He had carried them to that point and they were out of timeouts. Still though when you have the experience they do, might want to mix something in besides desperation.

Carter was very good, but everyone in the building knew the shot was for him to take, and they had him doubled almost the entire possession.

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I feel terrible for the viewers to have r watch and listen to that crap color guy. He ruined the game.

I didn't really mind him, and I'm glad he got on the officials for taking way, way, way too long to finish the review the Adrian out-of-bounds play.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Carter was very good, but everyone in the building knew the shot was for him to take, and they had him doubled almost the entire possession.
Doubled? It looked like they were going to trap him at the top of the key with four guys at one point. It's a disadvantage to be a sub-six-footer on a basketball court... :)

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Doubled? It looked like they were going to trap him at the top of the key with four guys at one point. It's a disadvantage to be a sub-six-footer on a basketball court... :)

True. I think WV had two guys setting picks for him, so basically his defender plus two other guys defending the pickers. Should have either passed it to Adrian or had another play entirely where they spread the floor.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
I wish that the isolation "hero ball" play at the end of games would go away. It's rarely the best play and I'm pretty sure I've read some articles in the past that show that the smart basketball play is usually a lot better than letting your star "create" at the end of the game.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Thank goodness we don't have to subjected to watching that style of BB anymore this year.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Gonzaga could potentially play Baylor in the Final Four and Kansas in the championship game. After the way that WV and ISU choked away our games against them, they have to be thinking that they just have to keep the game close down the stretch against Big 12 teams and they will have the game won.

Help Support Us

Become a patron