I_WA (They lost the 0)

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
Missing football flag has UI asking: How do you spell I-O-W-A without \"O\"? | DesMoinesRegister.com | The Des Moines Register

This is just a funny story...
When the Hawkeye cheer squad enters the field at the start of a football game, they carry four large flags that spell out "Iowa."

Haddy told sports reporters gathered for coach Kirk Ferentz's weekly press conference today that the "o-flag" is either missing or was stolen.

MODS: Change thread title to "they lost the 0" please... thanks.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
football flag stolen.

football team full of felons.

this shouldnt' be too hard to figure out.

-keep

Reactions: SplitIdentity

MidwestZest

Apr 22, 2006
Sycamore, IL
A few years ago the isu trombone section tried to 'commandeer' one of the braces that they used to let the goalposts down in Kinnick after the game. The attempt was unforunately thwarted, however :-/

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
Whoever stole the flag should have taken the "A" instead. At least the then the cheer leaders could spell something the iowa players and fans would be able to recognize with their limited education.

O-W-I.

Reactions: MidwestZest

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
At the Baylor game this year, the flag carriers misspelled "Baylor Line" as "Baylor Ilne." Plus the guy at the end carrying the "BU" logo flag was rather portly and much shorter than the people ahead of him, so he was waddling a good thirty yards behind them.

cyclonekj

Apr 11, 2006
300.jpg

"O" bligatory

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
This reminds me of the time that the guy carrying the "L" tripped and fell while running across the end zone after a touchdown so the flags read "CYCONES" as the cheerleaders ran across the field.