ICYMI: Iowa State offered WR Sterling Galban

GKroegs

Jan 11, 2016
Yesterday, Iowa State offered 5-foot-10, 3-star receiver Sterling Galban from Burnet, Texas. The Cyclones' are Galban's first Power 5 offer as he holds offers from Columbia, Cornell and Dartmouth.

Here are some highlights of Galban's.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
With an offer list like that, the coaches may also be trying to bump up our team GPA. semi-jimlad

• Agree
Reactions: CyValley

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
With an offer list like that, the coaches may also be trying to bump up our team GPA. semi-jimlad

Ha, my first thought was "Well, damn, academics will not be a problem for this young man."

He obviously has better grades and scores then I ever had coming out of HS. :)

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Lithe, fluuuuuu-id, quick! Nice hands! Fine brain! (Three Ivy League offers.)

I wiki'ed Ivy League, you know, curious about places where most of us cannot go ;-)

". . . The conference name is also commonly used to refer to those eight schools as a group beyond the sports context.[2] The eight institutions are Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Pennsylvania, Princeton, and Yale. . . .

"Seven of the eight schools were founded during the colonial period. Cornell was founded in 1865. Ivy League institutions account for seven of the nine Colonial Colleges chartered before the American Revolution; the other two are Rutgers University and College of William & Mary."

(Rutgers? Huh. Would not have guessed it, and the colonial/revolutionary era is one of my favorite reading subjects.)

"Ivy League schools . . . are ranked among the best universities worldwide by U.S. News & World Report.[4] All eight universities place in the top fifteen of the U.S. News & World Report 2017 nation university rankings, including the top four schools and five of the top eight.[5]"

(Depends on what Sterling's goals are, of course, and how big the stage on which he wishes to perform, but golly gee whiz, hard to pass up an Ivy. OTOH, I hope he does pass. After all, iSu is a member of the elite Association of American Universities, which includes seven of the eight Ivys. [Dartmouth is missing.])

Last edited:

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
I've watched 38-40 Ivy League games in person or on the Ivy League Network ending with the 2011-2012 season. I could find a 4-5 players off most of the teams that could easily contribute as starter or rotating 2nd at most D -1 schools excluding the Alabama's of the world. It is good football and the worst "bands" in the history of mankind. I can't even describe it other than to say I feel like the insane asylum door was opened and the band/weirdos escaped. Only real band is Cornell, I believe. Watch the "Ivy Scatter Bands" and puke!

On another note, the education is good, but the connections made will make you rich if you're a motivated individual and use them like your w******d w***e!:eek:

Last edited: