"If anyone cries over disrespect, its Iowa State"

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I still don't understand what Steele sees in KU to rank them above us AND K-State. They lost SO much from a team that already underperformed last season.

As for NU, who is going to be their QB? Its a pretty important position in college football. You can't just rely on a defense that is going to be taking a step back without Suh.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I still don't understand what Steele sees in KU to rank them above us AND K-State. They lost SO much from a team that already underperformed last season.

As for NU, who is going to be their QB? Its a pretty important position in college football. You can't just rely on a defense that is going to be taking a step back without Suh.

maybe they are taking into account easy schedules vs. our difficult schedule.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
I thought the thread title was a shot at the school, but the writer is absolutely right.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I thought the thread title was a shot at the school, but the writer is absolutely right.

"This year, if anyone cries over disrespect, it's Iowa State. But after the whole furor over conference realignment, the Cyclones probably just assume they'll be picked last in anything"

I have to agree with that statement.

2010-2020: The Decade ISU tries desperatly to not end up in a mid-major once the Big XII disolves

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines

I agree, i guess just because we play Utah, Iowa, Oklahoma, and Texas... but still id think we finish above both of those teams.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
OSU and ISU will not finish that low.

My thoughts exactly.

I have ISU tied for 3rd in the North, OSU alone in third in the South (although I could see a pretty tight race w/ Tech and A&M).

Baylor could win 3 games, most likely only 2, and OSU isn't going to lose to Baylor at home and also win fewer than 3 games.

Only way ISU finishes last in the division is with losses to both KU and CU. I shudder to think what this season will be like if that happens.

IowaStateClones

Dec 7, 2009
"This year, if anyone cries over disrespect, it's Iowa State. But after the whole furor over conference realignment, the Cyclones probably just assume they'll be picked last in anything"

I have to agree with that statement.

2010-2020: The Decade ISU tries desperatly to not end up in a mid-major once the Big XII disolves

Tries desperately? I don't understand this when we went to a bowl last season where we were picked ahead of one of the "non mid-major bound" schools. Obviously our schedule for next year is tough but were not the only one who will have a tough schedule in the upcoming years.

From your prediction, what are we going to desperately try to do to not end up in a mid major?

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Tries desperately? I don't understand this when we went to a bowl last season where we were picked ahead of one of the "non mid-major bound" schools. Obviously our schedule for next year is tough but were not the only one who will have a tough schedule in the upcoming years.

From your prediction, what are we going to desperately try to do to not end up in a mid major?

How about successive bowl appearences? A winning basketball team? Things like that could help. We need to win consistently on the field, and not hang our hats on a 7-6 season.

DrDrunkenstein

Jul 8, 2010
Washington DC

I really don't get the love for Nebraska this coming season. While they have one elite CB, their D's front 7 definitely takes a step back......and you could take the next 11 guys who post on this board and you could put together a better offense than the Huskers have......