"IF" Bo Williams left would he have to sit out another year?

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
I was just wondering if Bo transfers out would he have to sit out another year?

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
He would have to sit out a year, lose a year of eligibility and might even have to pay his own way... Well, unless he got a special waiver... it is almost impossible to transfer twice in D1...

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
It is possible. See Tyrone McKenzie.

I was really sad to see him go, but didn't he have a special circumstance?

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
I don't think Bo can leave - not sure the NCAA allows two transfers

What about Tyrone McKenzie -- transferred to ISU from Michigan State and then transferred to South Florida. When he transferred to South Florida he didn't even have to sit out a year. I don't know how that happened.

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
Don't get me wrong I'm excited to see this guy play for us and would really like to keep him here. The only reason I'm asking is that a few of us around the office here were talking about if he could even transfer again and if he would have to sit out again. I think if he can proform like they say he can it could be fun to see him and A-Rod as split backs. I am glad to hear that Tiller said he will stay!!!

Last edited:

JHpsyclonz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa City
I read an article on Bo where he talked about raising his little sister in Ames and how she is doing well in sports in HS. It also said something about Bo considering Ames home now because of some troubles home. I think he is going to stay. If he transferred he would lose another year and who knows, hopefully the new coach will put things to rest as anyone coming into this job would be crazy to runoff a RB that transferred from Florida with 3 years to play.
Posted via Mobile Device

Indyclone

Jan 24, 2008
What about Tyrone McKenzie -- transferred to ISU from Michigan State and then transferred to South Florida. When he transferred to South Florida he didn't even have to sit out a year. I don't know how that happened.

He wasn't on scholarship and paid his own way. But with that you miss a lot of the extra perks that scholarship players get.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
former clone Tyrone McKenzie transferred twice

It is possible. See Tyrone McKenzie.

I was really sad to see him go, but didn't he have a special circumstance?

McKinzie did get a hardship waiver for his transfer to South Florida due to family illness... It is a COMPLETELY different situation...

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Well, since this has come up...

Gene has told Bo he could not only leave, but leave for Auburn and play right away. At the time (last weekend), Bo believed what he was being told.

Since that time, I think as of yesterday, someone told me Bo was unhappy with Gene. Whether he still believes he can leave or not - I do not know.

This was off the record stuff after an interview this last weekend.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I read an article on Bo where he talked about raising his little sister in Ames and how she is doing well in sports in HS. It also said something about Bo considering Ames home now because of some troubles home. I think he is going to stay. If he transferred he would lose another year and who knows, hopefully the new coach will put things to rest as anyone coming into this job would be crazy to runoff a RB that transferred from Florida with 3 years to play.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is our best chance of keeping him in Ames - that one is just my opinion.

linkshero

May 22, 2008
Ames

Gene has told Bo he could not only leave, but leave for Auburn and play right away. At the time (last weekend), Bo believed what he was being told.

Since that time, I think as of yesterday, someone told me Bo was unhappy with Gene. Whether he still believes he can leave or not - I do not know.

If that is true, Auburn might as well figure out what penalty they want to impose on themselves before the NCAA steps in.....:policeman:

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny

Doesn't this kind of negate the "off the record" part?:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron