I'm going to the Masters

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
One more thought. Spend an hour at Amen Corner. Stand and watch 12 tee shots. Walk to mid fairway on 13. Can watch approach shots, sometimes going for it in 2, on 13. Beautiful area around 13 green complex.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
It's hard to do it wrong. I would hit the merch store early. Other than that, just wander around.

Maybe plan a place to meet if you get separated. I lost my buddies and didn't see them again the rest of the day!

Second this. When you constantly have your phone, you have to plan like the good ole days when you split up at a massive location with tons of people.

I'd add to make your rendezvous spots places with good views - my group was smart enough to pick locations, but not good ones. Much better to meet on xx side of xx green instead of outside the bathroom behind xx hole!

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Buy John Daly a drink and hang with him. Probably won’t make the cut so he probably won’t be pressed for anything.
Got to hang with him in Ankeny at Magee's for a "private" party. Dude is on another level. He played golf for a local event in Des Moines the Monday after the Charity Classic. So he was drinking all day and still was functioning, even played/sang a few songs. Those around him were barely able to speak. :)

Reactions: BCClone

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
When I was there, you could walk around to the front entrance into the Masters and get your picture taken on that mound with the flowers in the shape of the U.S. (see picture below). No charge for it (of course). Not sure if they still do that or not? But that's worthwhile if the line isn't too long.

View attachment 127246

I will also say... walking the course could take it's toll on some people if you're not in the best shape. It wasn't an issue for me, but it was a bit for one of the guys. This course is WAY more hilly than it looks on TV. The #5 fairway, I'm pretty sure it was... has a crazy slope from one side of the fairway to the other, and a HUGE fairway bunker. And walking up 18 is literally a hike.

Like I said before though... after my wedding day and the birth of my two children, this might have been the most enjoyable day of my life. It's everything you could imagine it being and more. The golf shop alone is UNREAL. Just soak it all in and enjoy. I keep trying every single year to get tickets and win the lottery.
I've been trying every year since I went in 2009.