Images from VB vs Mississippi

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Scary good.

Holthaus (was a starter along with 1st-year Andersen) is a beast- may be one of the best Frosh I have ever seen as a front line player here.

Grace is an indomitable monster and had, by may count, seven aces! Sets by Mauck to Grace barely rise above the net with perfect timing and placement to be blindingly swatted to the opponent's floor.

Herrera is a very big addition to the team.

If what we saw in this match is any indication we may well be a top ten team.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Scary good.

Holthaus (was a starter along with 1st-year Andersen) is a beast- may be one of the best Frosh I have ever seen as a front line player here.

Grace is an indomitable monster and had, by may count, seven aces! Sets by Mauck to Grace barely rise above the net with perfect timing and placement to be blindingly swatted to the opponent's floor.

Great breakdown! I was watching last night but between a baby eating on the hour, every hour, friends coming over to help replace our broken tv, and kitchen tasks......I wasn't really "watching" and missed a lot. I heard Eleanor's name a lot so I figured she was doing well. Saw a couple bombs by Schaben and thought the setting by Mauck seemed much improved over last year. Didn't seem like there was much for blocking?

Hoping for fewer distractions during today's games.........plus now I can watch them on this ridiculously large tv :rolleyes:

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Scary good.

Maybe a tad early to call them scary good, but they have a chance to be that good based on what I saw last night and the stats from this morning.

It does look like Holthaus, Anderson and Herrera are all recruiting hits, especially Holthaus.

Most importantly IMO, is that after a shaky start last night, Mauck has set well so far and I think the addition of Fiona to the staff to work (I assume exclusively) with the setters is going to pay huge dividends for both Mauck and Brandt.

And the new court looks great. Long overdue for a Top 25 program like ISU.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
Too many mental errors versus OSU. The 10:00 game seemed to take a lot of energy from them. Piper looks a lot better this year.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836
D

Deleted member 8507

Too many mental errors versus OSU. The 10:00 game seemed to take a lot of energy from them. Piper looks a lot better this year.
I saw they got down early, battled back to 5 sets and lost 16-14 in 5th. Bummer but I guess they won't go undefeated now.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Huge amount of potential this year. Really glad to see them fight back from the 2 set deficit.

Holthaus looks like a heck of a player already. Lazard looks like she has found a whole new level to her game as well. Really like the front row this year. On top of that Hillegas i thought made some plays that I'm not sure she'd have made last year.

Definitely have pieces there for a great season. I'm pretty excited to see what they can do. Making the trip to UNI with friends Wednesday.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
ISU got caught in an unfavorable back row rotation at the end of the 1st set against their great server, Sheehan. ISU was up 24-19 and incredibly OSU went on a 6-0 run that included 4 service aces at Schaben and Andersen. Win that set and ISU more than likely wins in 4.