Interesting ISU Logo Question

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
So, my college buddy found an old sweet-looking ISU T-Shirt of his dad's a while ago from probably sometime in the 70s or 80s, which had this ISU logo on it. The only other wording the shirt contained was Buck's T-Shirts, which I'm guessing is well out of business by now. I could be wrong. Anyway, this particularly shirt is one where we copied the logo onto some new shirts to use as tailgating shirts for only myself and my buddies later on, so this is not the original. With that said, I've always been curious where the heck this logo comes from. Is it an official ISU logo from the past? Is it completely Buck's design? I really have no idea as I've never seen it before on anything else. So, does anyone else have any thoughts on this?? Is it official? Do you like the logo? I personally think it is pretty sweet. Any thoughts are welcome.

upload_2017-4-12_11-24-56.png

Last edited:

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I think it's horrible and was made by some drunk buddies. All I see is "A ATE"
That seems like a you problem.

Let me ask you... What do you see???
ac3bd04fec5e676751ef8e892c59e83e.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: ccruzen

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
I've seen it before but can't recall where or when. Might have been a google image search for ISU logos? (but nothing is turning up there just now). Pretty sure I've seen it in on a white background w/ cardinal outline and gold fill.

EDIT: image search for "iowa state cyclones logo" turned up this, which looks like it could be a wall decal. Would look good on a wall or bags boards:
BxWsNGVCYAEm4L9.jpg

Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I've seen it before but can't recall where or when. Might have been a google image search for ISU logos? (but nothing is turning up there just now). Pretty sure I've seen it in on a white background w/ cardinal outline and gold fill.

I'm pretty sure the original shirt the logo was on was a gold shirt, and was a much cooler shirt than the cheap replicas we made seen here.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

EDIT: image search for "iowa state cyclones logo" turned up this, which looks like it could be a wall decal. Would look good on a wall or bags boards:
BxWsNGVCYAEm4L9.jpg

Well, there is another one of it for sure. However, you follow that picture's link and it is to Iowa State Yak's twitter feed where they are asking if anyone has seen this logo before too. Haha.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
So, my college buddy found an old sweet-looking ISU T-Shirt of his dad's a while ago from probably sometime in the 70s or 80s, which had this ISU logo on it. The only other wording the shirt contained was Buck's T-Shirts, which I'm guessing is well out of business by now. I could be wrong. Anyway, this particularly shirt is one where we copied the logo onto some new shirts to use as tailgating shirts for only myself and my buddies later on, so this is not the original. With that said, I've always been curious where the heck this logo comes from. Is it an official ISU logo from the past? Is it completely Buck's design? I really have no idea as I've never seen it before on anything else. So, does anyone else have any thoughts on this?? Is it official? Do you like the logo? I personally think it is pretty sweet. Any thoughts are welcome.

View attachment 47396
See my avatar. I liked the photo so I made one myself outta wood. About 36" around