Interesting ISU Logo Question

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Well there you go. Now, how about you tell us where you got that pic, or is that even your wood sign?

Well. The story goes, he fell asleep next to a tree. When he awoke, 20 years later, this wooden sign was tucked under his two foot long beard.

• Funny
Reactions: Triggermv

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Trying to make animals out of words or letters usually doesn't end well.
7558_washington_state_cougars-alternate-1995.png

• Funny
Reactions: CycoCyclone

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Trying to make animals out of words or letters usually doesn't end well.
7558_washington_state_cougars-alternate-1995.png

I actually don't mind that logo. I also highly doubt ISU would ever use something like that or the logo I posted as its main logo. However, I do like it enough to the point where it I could see it be one of our multiple alternate logos we have. Shoot, I find some of our current ones to be butt ugly and would like this one much more.

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny
I have seen a Iron Patch of this design on eBay.

I wonder if it is from the same era of when schools incorporated their logo and school name/letters on their helmets, Washington State comes to mind but I think there were others. This looks like someones homemade version.
I do not recall this as an official ISU logo but I can not find the page I use to have bookmarked that shows past trademarked logo's that have been retired.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ISU-Iowa-St...158101?hash=item2a7df9ef15:g:xRgAAOSwMtxXu1Zj

Reactions: BoilerClone

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Come on, I know we've got some old geezers who post on here who could give their thoughts on whether this was ever an official logo, even if it was 70 years ago. Where are you guys when we need you, or are you too busy posting about how loud the music is at games, how you hate the new lights at Hilton, and how much you like Smoke on the Water??;):)

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Come on, I know we've got some old geezers who post on here who could give their thoughts on whether this was ever an official logo, even if it was 70 years ago. Where are you guys when we need you, or are you too busy posting about how loud the music is at games, how you hate the new lights at Hilton, and how much you like Smoke on the Water??;):)

Yeah, that's the way to get their help.

Maybe you can get some help if you promise to let them watch Matlock.

tumblr_m2rhw3YX681rqlmkso1_500_zpsd058ccdf.gif

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
a poster has this as his profile pic. Maybe he has more incite.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Yeah, that's the way to get their help.

Maybe you can get some help if you promise to let them watch Matlock.

tumblr_m2rhw3YX681rqlmkso1_500_zpsd058ccdf.gif

What??? I thought that saying went that you can attract more bees with vinegar than with honey right?? or did I get that mixed around??? I can never tell, it isn't like us Millennials ever know what we are talking about anyway right?? I think those essential oils mess with my brain sometimes.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
What??? I thought that saying went that you can attract more bees with vinegar than with honey right?? or did I get that mixed around??? I can never tell, it isn't like us Millennials ever know what we are talking about anyway right?? I think those essential oils mess with my brain sometimes.

Bees you say? I'll take five bees for a quarter!

36202386.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: k123 and Triggermv

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I like it. I'd buy a shirt or a wall hanging or something with it on it.

I don't think it should go on helmets or jerseys, but it's creative.

• Agree
Reactions: Triggermv