Interim ISU President

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Have fun. Guy is program slasher and really poor with a budget, also terrible at any PR type situations.

Good thing it's interim and he can't do much damage....

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
I would have thought it might have been Wickert, although maybe it would be difficult to perform the duties of his current position while also handling the presidency

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
He the guy that cut the baseball program at UNI?

He is. He also cut a ton of academic programs and the Lab school, which was fine, but then he did a whole series of interviews about how devastating it was to the university and that he hoped UNI could recover. Just really, really bad as a inspiring voice for a campus community. Was also kind of a pawn for the BOR which makes me a bit nervous.

But like I said, he's just interim, so there shouldn't be any long lasting effects.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Have fun. Guy is program slasher and really poor with a budget, also terrible at any PR type situations.

Good thing it's interim and he can't do much damage....

I understand that's his reputation at UNI, but UNI was/is a university in transition and some tough decisions needed to be made. Allen is pretty beloved at ISU and with good reason. He was a great dean and provost. I'm surprised to see him being mentioned in this capacity, I also would have thought the BoR would have looked to Wickert.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron