Interview: DC writer defends column

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Why the heck do you assume the ACC can pull schools from the Big East at will? If the Big East expands first and makes a motion to add a TV network, there is no reason for a team to leave for the ACC IMO.

Excuse me? I can't think of a single Big East football-playing school that would turn down an ACC bid.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Excuse me? I can't think of a single Big East football-playing school that would turn down an ACC bid.

I agree right now, but if you take away FSU, GT, or Maryland with the possibility of Miami that conference looks a lot less appealing.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there

What ACC are we referring to? The current one? Or the ACC after Big Telly and the SEC take a few teams? Why do the Big East TV's not count? If Tagliabue is as good people think, they should.

Either way, it is a threat to ISU...from ISU's perspective it is semantics on whether the ACC morphs into the Big East or the inverse. We could be left out.

Last edited:

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Can anyone tell me where the NFL is right now and who started them on that track?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Can anyone tell me where the NFL is right now and who started them on that track?

This would be the biggest benefit to ISU. With a strong commissioner any league can survive. With the areas involved, the Big East could start a pretty good TV network.

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
I think the Big East has the best potential for TV revenue and would be a power conference with the remaining Big XII team. Run the football schedule like the Big XII does, the have 2 seperate conference for basketball (NFC / AFC style) and the top 4 teams from each half to the conference tournement.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psteYMyIxcw&feature=related]YouTube - So you're telling me there's a chance?[/ame]

I hope our chances are better than 1 in 1 million, but I couldn't resist.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron