Iowa Beat Writers

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
If you're a CC/Iowa/Fever fan sure, to absolutely everyone else no, and a prime example of our CC burn out.

But assisted on 3 straight baskets in practice. I could probably do that for god's sake.

Reactions: NWICY

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
I would like to see Hali and CC play a game of make it take it to 15, If he was serious I'm pretty sure she would never score, even if she had the ball 1st.
She would absolutely never score against any NBA player... hell probably even 99% of college players

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
A couple of things:

1. Chad L tweeted when the Iowa punter got drafted that he was the best defensive player on the board. That was clearly a dig at Tampa and Iowa State. Chad's a ******* *******.

2. Was the Dochterman tweet on Sunday? What kind of ******* expects a coffee house to be free of kids on a weekend? Like I might be surprised if a coffee house was full of kids on a week day and be slightly annoyed about not have quiet on a week day. But on a weekend? What exactly did he expect?

Chad is a good representative of most tavern hoks I know. Hok sports is their universe, and it’s a small universe.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Chad is a good representative of most tavern hoks I know. Hok sports is their universe, and it’s a small universe.

Funny thing with Taylor is that he was drafted WAY too early. I get that he is a really really good punter but he will have to do things differently in the NFL. He will need to speed up his release and NFL returners are going to catch the ball and not let it go over their head to be downed inside the 10. Calling my shot but he won't be nearly as impactful for a NFL team like he was at Iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Funny thing with Taylor is that he was drafted WAY too early. I get that he is a really really good punter but he will have to do things differently in the NFL. He will need to speed up his release and NFL returners are going to catch the ball and not let it go over their head to be downed inside the 10. Calling my shot but he won't be nearly as impactful for a NFL team like he was at Iowa.

In the NFL every punter is an elite punter.

And having a long field is less of an encumbrance for NFL offenses. Even with good punts, the benefit for the defense will be less pronounced than at IA

Reactions: VeloClone

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
Don't worry WHO and Murph will still be in love with her, central Iowa will still get plenty of coverage. Heck most of the time the don't even give NBA playoff scores. But I bet we get every Fever score for the season along with high lights.
WHO will probably have an alert every time she scores or has an assist.

Last edited:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
No punter will ever be as effective as he was at Iowa.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Agreed teams in the NFL are not going to allow him to roll to his right and wait a count or two before kicking the ball allowing his defenders to get down the field. Everything in the NFL is spend up, and he will have to adjust to getting it and kicking the ball. The Bears needed a punter, it was a good landing spot for him.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If you watched him when teams pressured him, he was not as good at pinning teams deep. I’m not talking about going for blocks, I’m talking when they would send 2-3 towards him and not allow him to catch and stand there for a second or two longer and then punt. A lot of his deep pins were from the opponent Not sending anyone and he could have the gunners get an extra second or two and the returner would just bail.

• Winner
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy