Iowa Football: The Fake ID of College Football

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
This thread is about Iowa being a fake ID because of their schedule. The B1G has 7 times as many 1st round draft picks as the Big 12.

What do you guys get for this? I mean besides puffing out your chest on a rival's message board on a Friday night.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
It just funny is all. ISU fans chest Thump about the Big12 conferences all the time 247. So it is funny to point out just how bad/easy the Big12 is.

I wouldn't think a top 25 program would need to do that. They should have their own legs to stand on. Fake ID...

• Funny
Reactions: CyclONE Nation

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
The Niners were killing the draft, and then ...CJ Beathard. I woudln't have minded him 2 or 3 rounds later. WTF!?!

The Big12 has been having crap recruiting classes for 3-4 years now, and before last year's season I think it was common knowledge that it would be a down year. Until Texas pulls their head from their ass, this will be the norm. This is what gives me hope for ISU in the future.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
The Niners were killing the draft, and then ...CJ Beathard. I woudln't have minded him 2 or 3 rounds later. WTF!?!

The Big12 has been having crap recruiting classes for 3-4 years now, and before last year's season I think it was common knowledge that it would be a down year. Until Texas pulls their head from their ass, this will be the norm. This is what gives me hope for ISU in the future.

Honest question. Why does finishing 7th-10th in the Big12 in recruiting classes give you hope, when you say that these classes have been crappy?

• Dislike
Reactions: Rural and YeahBuddy

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Honest question. Why does finishing 7th-10th in the Big12 in recruiting classes give you hope, when you say that these classes have been crappy?
Doesn't Iowa routinely finish 7-12 in recruiting in the Big Ten? They develop guys.

It's acceptable to have hope that this staff can develop players. They've already recruited better than in years past.

ameslurker

Jan 21, 2013
Not surprised that college football's 'top corner' is not among the first 20 CBs taken in the draft. ITFID.

I'm actually surprised by this. I know his numbers were down this year but still, why the fall? Bad camps?

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
King would have slipped if he declared last year, too. He struggled in man coverage in the Senior Bowl, and teams are concerned about his speed and size. Those are characteristics that would have exposed themselves last year in the pre-draft process, too.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
^ I would love to have that 6 figure clipboard holding job...

Here's a pretty good read on why SF traded up for CJB.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2017/4/...an-cj-beathard-49ers-qb-coach-private-workout

Lots of variables played into it. Iowa's pro-style system was part of it, and they recognized the severe lack of WRs he had last year and dealing with targets who couldn't separate. Liked his toughness, leadership, and accuracy and gave a good breakdown of what they mean by accuracy beyond completion %. He'll be number 3 QB to start and they look forward to developing him.

• Funny
Reactions: Rural