*** IOWA STATE @ OSU ***

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Who: Iowa State vs. Oklahoma State
Where: Gallagher-Iba Arena - Stillwater, Okla.
When: Saturday, Feb. 14 at 7 p.m.
Projected Starting Lineup: Brynn Williamson, Kidd Blaskowsky, Seanna Johnson, Nikki Moody andBryanna Fernstrom
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: Brent Blum (PxP), Molly Parrott (Color)
TV: FS Plus
Talent: Mike Wolfe (PxP), Casey Kendrick (Color)

Color me delusional - a little insane, I still have hope for a 9th straight NCAA appearance. But, not if we keep doing what we've been doing. We're in third place in the nations top RPI WBB conference. With appropriate wins we can finish in the 30's in RPI. Does that matter to the team and staff enough to play with a sense of urgency? To make every possession count?

OSU has four players averaging in double digits - there is no one high scorer to shutdown. Even if there were tendencies to identify, it doesn't seem to matter - people who don't do well seem to have career outings against us.
We need a team effort on defense and need everyone to contribute in the scoring column.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
The men's games have been preempted by ot bb games, this is the first time our broadcast has been delayed by an overtime soccer game. Fox Sports Plus must be about as minor a channel as you can get.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
For about a month, layups have been harder than threes. We've got about three minutes to save a NCAA bid down 52-46.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
NCAA bid gone.

Agreed. This team has lost any spark it may have had earlier. While certain players are doing what they can, it's coming down to Nikki doing nearly all the work when things aren't going well (as evidenced by her missing 20 shots tonight). I don't see ISU winning more than twice from here on out and I think even that may be a stretch. Worst season since 2002-03.

On the plus side, Brynn passed 1000 career points in this game. But that's about it for positives as far as I can see.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Most pathetic big 12 wbb has been in a long time.

Regardless of the RPI and SOS stuff posted here on CF, I can't see anyone other than KU or OU getting the NCAA invite without at least 9-9 in conference. No assurance any of the sub-.500 will get to .500.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
The conference tournament may have a lot to say about who gets into the NCAAs and who doesn't. Someone in this league gets to 8-10, but makes a nice run to the semis or finals in Dallas, it might be enough to get their ticket punched. I believe in this league, even if others don't.

907CY

Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
I too believe in this league. There are three or four other teams that could do well in the big dance. Sadly, Iowa State is not one of them.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
27-23 at the half. Moody with 11. OSU coach calls her WNBA type player.
That's a telling quote from their coach. She is set to break Lyndsey Medders' career assists record at ISU. I used to criticize Nikki, but no more. When you set the career assists record at a guard-oriented program like ISU's, you're something special. If only she had more talent around her this season to pass the ball to...