Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
At start of second set it was looking like the east side had a jinx.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
From yesterday’s Daily story
Iowa State expects to be without preseason All-Big 12 sophomore Maya Duckworth for the second-straight game, as she is dealing with some nagging injuries and is currently “week-to-week,” according to Iowa State coach Christy Johnson-Lynch.

TrulyCyclone

Jul 31, 2021
Well you don't always get what you want, but a 3-0 sweep is always good, even if the last two sets were wanting. Hope our missing pieces are back soon regardless!

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Nice sweep again by the Clones.

Morgan Brandt is emerging as an all-conference type of setter not only with her setting but also with her back row digging/passing and front row blocking/dump offs.

I got the drift from the announcers that Englebrecht is also dealing with injury issues in addition to Duckworth but she is going to have a challenge in removing McCune or Hopp from the MB rotation. Both McCune and Hopp provide very good length and athleticism at MB and appear to have an advantage there over last season's MB starters (Englebrecht and Perry). Hopp was recruited as developmental project and it's great to see that development get her in the starting rotation.

And Gonzalez's ability to play well in the back row is a pleasant surprise in addition to her known abilities on the front row. She as well appears to be tracking as a future all-conference type player as well.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Gonzalez was a force when she would come rushing in from the back row for a flying spike! And diving for digs. She’s gonna be fun to watch.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Checked the roster, we are a very young team. If they are competitive now, bodes well for the future. And I realize the schedule is going to get a lot tougher ahead, but so far so good.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
pleasantly surprised with what little I have got to watch. Brandt is the real deal so glad her sisters decision did not impact her coming. Wachholz surprised me. Never saw her play club with Vital and High Voltage. They must have been a AAU or JVA club.