Iron Fist - Netflix

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
so I'm 2 episodes in and it's pretty interesting so far. Some of the dialogue is strange and I can't tell if it's poor writing or the lead character being portrayed as a person unfamiliar with modern life too accurately. The martial arts girl is a good actress and I like her character but her choreography is pretty terrible so far. The pace is slow but they are building it up. Will be interesting to see how it all goes

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Will be checking it out. Read a review it's the least favorable of all the defenders shows on Netflix so far, but considering all of them have been wonderful so far, not sure how bad it is.

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
Will be checking it out. Read a review it's the least favorable of all the defenders shows on Netflix so far, but considering all of them have been wonderful so far, not sure how bad it is.
12% per critics.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
It's a smear campaign because they don't like that the lead is a white guy who uses martial arts. I am 3 episodes in and the show certainly has flaws and moves slow but it has the building blocks that I am betting pays off later in the season.
there is some nice JJ and daredevil tie ins already so that's cool.

Reactions: 3GenClone

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
7 episodes in, might be the worst of the marvel Netflix series. Has a CW feel to it tbh, certain characters I like but no idea why some of the character storylines even exist. So many questionable character decisions and moments that make you scratch your head. Disappointed so far.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I'm 4 episodes in and underwhelmed. It's certainly not terrible when compared to what's currently on network TV but doesn't separate itself from the great TV shows that are on the paid networks (like HBO, Netflix and Amazon). It feels like Agents of Shield writing but with swearing. If this show were on ABC or CW I don't think it would be getting terrible reviews. I can't tell if this is just terrible casting, besides the actress that plays Colleen Wing, or if it's terrible writing. I'm leaning towards the writing and direction so far because there have been a lot of random jumps between scenes with little explanation. I think the cast is over-selling their scenes quite a bit due to the poor script/dialogue

• Agree
Reactions: State43

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Well... I finished the season and as much as I wanted to like the show because of the social justice attacks, I have to rank it as their worst marvel series yet. I found Danny so irritating that I was more concerned with Ward and Coleen's storylines. The dialogue was fairly bad theoughout, the decisions made by the characters often made little sense. The shows production seemed cheap.
I was disappointed.

• Agree
Reactions: mctallerton

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
I've made it through 6 episodes, and pretty much agree with the consensus here so far. Sub-par dialogue, low production value, some pretty awful acting by the lead character of all people, and mediocre fighting choreography. Honestly, it's the half-assed fight scenes that have really frustrated me the most. I mean, the whole show is centered around martial arts, but most of the fight scenes look like they are just going through the motions. This show feels like it was just thrown together out of necessity so they could hurry up and get to the Defenders.

• Agree
Reactions: State43

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I've made it through 6 episodes, and pretty much agree with the consensus here so far. Sub-par dialogue, low production value, some pretty awful acting by the lead character of all people, and mediocre fighting choreography. Honestly, it's the half-assed fight scenes that have really frustrated me the most. I mean, the whole show is centered around martial arts, but most of the fight scenes look like they are just going through the motions. This show feels like it was just thrown together out of necessity so they could hurry up and get to the Defenders.
Completely agree. Will be interested to see what Trigger thinks when he isn't sleep deprived and has time to watch it :-0

algonacy

Feb 19, 2012
Iowa
Very below average writing, acting, and action. Without a spoiler, when I see this man who says he has trained to remove "doubt" from his mind and doesn't fear anything still freak out over some air turbulence.... well, let's just say the writing credibility takes a bit of a hit. The lead actor was by far the biggest problem on this show, but the writing didn't do him any favors either.

JBone84

Nov 30, 2006
Rochester, MN
I was excited to binge watch this but you guys are making me question that decision. Might pass on this one and spend the time elsewhere.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I've watched the first two episodes so far and it's ok. Some of the dialogue is pretty terrible and as others have said not loving the lead actor.

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
I was excited to binge watch this but you guys are making me question that decision. Might pass on this one and spend the time elsewhere.
Don't get me wrong...I've definitely seen worse. I wouldn't say it's a complete waste of time, especially if this genre is one you generally enjoy. I'd just say it's sub-par compared to the other Defender shows, which is a bit of a let-down.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I'm wondering if the fighting choreography looks rough because it is supposed to be more "realistic" kung fu. All the other Marvel-Netflix shows deal with heavy-hitting and realistic fighting styles that are very chaotic in nature. I'm wondering if they wanted a similar flair for Iron Fist, otherwise a more fluid fighting-style may look like he's over-powered compared to the other Defenders? I'm still only 4 episodes in, but Colleen Wing is the perfect example of this so far - she is very well-trained, but she doesn't look like she is over-powered in the fight scenes I have seen her in thus far. There are even flaws in her technique that have been exploited, and I'm sure they will be exploited again in the show. I'm excited to get to the episode that the RZA directed to see if my guess is correct - that dude knows his kung fu, so it will be interesting to see what kind of choreography is used in that episode.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I honestly dont mind it. I agree with 21 above for the order.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I know I've asked this before, but I can't find it or remember.

What order should I watch the Marvel Netflix shows in? Does it matter for continuity?

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I'm in the process of watching Luke Cage...and that series has more plot holes than there are pot holes on Iowa roads in Winter. I am REALLY struggling to get through it. This makes me think that Iron Fist is probably ****.

I REALLY LOVE Daredevil, I can enjoy parts of Jessica Jones, and I am utterly unconvinced with Luke Cage. Coupled with the comments here, it looks like I should skip Iron Fist.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron